• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Want to join but does not work. Petition for canonised server files.

Marta

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006
I am a long time player of red orchestra.

Recently very often when I want to join a server I get file mismatches or I have to donload (especially on DH Servers) some "any_tex" which takes ages to download.

Also there are CC servers showing up on the servers display with 15 oer more active players, but when I have joined there is not anybody but myself.

I think this is very annoing and this is the thing that makes RO online play die.

I therefore petition the RO-Server admins to standarise their files.

Last edited:
You need to make sure the server admins know about setting up Server Redirects.. since those push out compressed .uz2 files instead of the raw .utx (or whatever), they go MUCH faster.

For things like mods, ensure the server admins put the version of the mod they are running in their serv name.. that will help during the times of patches.. I know I do it for the Offical MN server (which incidently isn't available right now since we jacked it for testing the new patch)

As an aside, to this day I can't believe many (mainstream even) games don't even offer server-side downloads.. (*cough BF-franchise cough*).. imo no server-side d/l's really stifle the customs community.

Upvote 0
I have the DH mod installed. But f.g. when I want to play Huertgenwald I have to download some tex file which takes ages.

Hey - if you get this when joining a server it could mean your installation of DH is different from the one on the server. Server admin do not put stock DH files on fast redirect since players should have these locally anyway. Then it takes *forever* to download them.

Please join the DH forums if you want more help with getting online - many helpful people there :)
-S

Upvote 0