• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server With Just About Everything!!!

For anyone looking for something different: Then the place is at 2Manny's ROOST

Come join us over at our server anytime after 8PM EST or anytime for that matter and lets see what you got.

Here is our Servers spec sheet:

40 Player Server
100+ Customs
Armored Beasts
EH Machine Gun
Map Voting Enabled - no LOCKED ROTATION - majority rules
Large and Tank maps are winner take all
Mayhem maps are winner take all (Pistols only, Bayonets, etc.)
Smaller customs and most standard maps are best out of 3 rounds
Many Admins - to keep the nonsense at bay.
Skilled Players - you all know who you are and thanks for coming by.
US Midwest server - giving good pings to anyone in the US and maybe even Europe
Autokick for TKing is Enabled - we all know accidents happen so Forgive option is Enabled as well
Bots - Enabled for those wanting to practice - if an admin is present they can be removed anytime (Just ask) - usually after 10 humans are present they are gone. Remember as people join bots are removed by default.

Bots will be disabled permanently once the server fills and sees a constant user base, because then there would be no need for them.

We also have last but not least
Carpathian Crosses MOD - you must get the client files from http://www.carpathiancrosses.com/index.php?s=download - BE SURE TO GET THE CLIENT FILES and NOT THE SERVER...

We are a public server and we welcome all players of any skill and many of the more skilled players that frequent the server are willing to help out the newbs that may need some mentoring.

We are also open for any suggestions about map additions/removals or other items folks would like to see.

We can be found also at http://www.2manny.com or at our Steam Community at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/2MR

Content is constantly updated and new additions made to the server usually on a weekly basis this will happen if new content is available.

Here is a list of what you can see as far as maps go on the server and if you don't like a map, vote for another and get others to choose along with you - remember majority rules - if you are alone on the server and vote the map will change immediately (Good technique to get the content before the server is full). Use ingame map list to see which maps are played the most and make sure those are the ones you get ahead of time (No waiting later)...

To get the new content it must be downloaded and the server will give you this content via QUICK DOWNLOADS, it usually only will get downloaded once, then the next time the same map is played, you will be in instantly into battle, unless the content changes or a patch is released (The patch days should be over). The only exception is the CC MOD as mentioned earlier (It must be installed). Let me say this too, some of these customs are incredible and for those that have not seen some of them, you'll be wondering what rock you've been hiding under and won't believe what all RO has to offer, rather than just the old STANDARDS...

There is so much to keep you all busy and keep you from getting bored from the SAME OLD/SAME OLD. Just remember folks PATIENTS!!!

2MANNY's ROOST Map List:

Default Maps

Arad - Combined Arms
Baksan Valley - Infantry
Barashka - Combined Arms
Basovka - Infantry
Bondarevo - Combined Arms
Danzig - Infantry
Hedgehog - Combined Arms
Kaukasus - Infantry
K

Last edited:
nice, but as an experienced admin with other gamers I noticed that players disconnect quite easily if they have to download huge files. What I would do is stick to 1 game. Either go standard RO or 1 of the mods. But dont combine these 3 since it will just result in an empty server...

This doesnt mean that you shouldnt add custom maps... but remember
Large quantity does not equal high quality...;)

will ofcourse drop by when I see kriegstadt playing

Upvote 0
Yes I agree with both of you but lets just say we've been there done that.

Many of our regulars would cry on a constant basis for more content, and they as many, were tired of the SAME OLD. The server at that time was no more full than it is now.

Back before we took it over Yatyas and myself the server had died right around the release of the 50 player patch because the server had to go through an IP change from that point on we had some full days here and there but always had those folks yelling for MORE, WE WANT MORE.

I wanted to be different on purpose of all those other servers and I think we do it rather well. I'd like to think our server has EVERYTHING. We do have a good base of players the problem is everyone getting on at the same times. We have many of us on the East coast and we end up leaving when the West coasters get on, we all just need to meet in the middle and we'd be full again.

Just having our normal regulars on the server at one time would easily fill it half way we just need that 20 other folks to start frequenting it and we'll be back to where we once were.

Another huge factor as you mentioned is folks need to be patient. Just the other night I started seeding our server around 7PM EST and for those who had come and gone, if they would have stayed just minutes longer the server would have easily filled in time - that's what folks are looking for HUMANS.

Sure it stinks killing bots (I couldn't agree more to that - hate them) but watching folks come in for a single or half round to leave then others doing the same thing for hours and counting the total folks that had done that, then the 10 of us that did stay the total on that night would have easily been 35 folks and with that many staying we know for a fact the other 5 slots would have filled easily (Everyone loves a full server)...

In this forum alone you constantly see the bickering about what is currently out there and what kinds of things people want to see but yet it is out there and that's why I put this thread up, as I said regardless of it being full or not it will still be there and we'll welcome ALL.

I'm just putting the old invitation out there to those who have posted on our forum and out here regarding this, that what you seek is at 2Mannys ROOST.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like this server, one of my favorites. For me, downloads are not a problem as I keep up with the latest and rarely ever have to download anything when joining a server. I am sure there are others though that are turned off by downloads.... they don't keep up with them.

It is nice that there are lots of customs in that list, although I will admit that there are certain custom ones that if they were voted on I would probably (definately) leave. Also a few stock ones as well.

I agree with the above about sitting in the server, and if I have some time to play, I will do that to help seed it. But there are also those times when I jump on with only 30 minutes to an hour to play where that is not practical.

(Lately I haven't been playing at all due to my Dad passing away, but I plan on being on more.)

Upvote 0
Agreed the downloads required are absolutely worth it. When this server gets full and is rocking it's usually the best RO experience out there. Just hop on sometime and let the download run for however lon it takes and go do something else. Then next time you join you get right on.

Although I do agree with the sentiment that you guys need to cull a few of those custom maps out. There's too many I think, and people get disoriented every time a map vote comes around.

Upvote 0
With that many maps honestly voting is a bad idea. Theres no point in putting so many on when only 5 of them will be played. Enable in game voting but put it on rotation. Lets face it, there are a lot of good customs out there that very few have played which will never be voted in because so few know what it is. I saw this with a german server(I dont remember the name) but even though they had basically every map ever made it was always the same 5 maps voted in. By doing this it will force people to try new things, nothing wrong with that is there?

Upvote 0
Yes the list is huge and once we would get a 40 player base back we are always up for suggestions and the BAD or TERRIBLE maps would simply be removed permanently, but voting usually goes well and downloads really haven't been a problem IMO.

Just one night last week I think we hit around 30 players and we played nothing but maps NO ONE had seen before and it turned out to be an incredible night of play and now some of those maps have increased in play. Nothing like being a VET and going WOW I've never seen this one before, then we all become NEWBS again but usually it doesn't take long to become acquainted with them though.

People obviously let it download get in and play but when only say 2 or 3 peeps are in they don't stay long enough to see 30-40 players, they all just need the patients to stay. I've even sat in as a spectator, even if many joined and did this that could allow them to join at any time once folks started to show up but at least the seeding would be going on.

In due time I will be taking a look at what maps are played and will be slimming it down and removing the ones that no one votes for, but with the help from the community in time the list will be the best it can be, we have to start somewhere. It's like anything else on this forum though, you remove that one map and then people say where did this map go and why is this map not there, so it's best to leave well enough alone at times. As I mentioned on other posts it's you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't...

I appreciate all the notes guys and stop on over and bring those you know, even if just to seed. Hope to see you all on the battlefield and lets make 2Mannys the best we can. Thanks, guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2manny's is the only server I play on, I have tried quite a few others and by far IMHO 2manny's is the best.
The others just didn't stay with the times or won't deviate from their 24/7 single map policy. (If I never see danzig again it'll be too soon.) New maps are always a good idea, period.
I don't find the download times bad at all...what's a minute or two?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions. We still have one problem. Where is everyone??? Sure I know its summer but from 8PM EST on isn't asking much from folks to show up and start filling the server. We've had a couple good days here and there but yet 24/7 single map servers and Default map only servers are still full while we get a trickle of folks now and again.

I'm calling all of our regulars to come out too, they only trickle in here and there, as mentioned before with them alone and a few from the RO community as a whole the server will always be full, problem is many folks speak a good game but aren't showing up to let us see those skills.

Come on soldiers step up and show everyone what you got and show it doesn't matter whether you've played a map before or not that you can at least adjust to new surroundings.

With many customs being played RO is like a whole new game, it is keeping the game from going stale IMO. See you on the battlefield.

Upvote 0
Well, I have been busy lately (unfortunately) and the few times I have had to even game...well, long story short, the dsl is going down the toilet in my area with dropped connections every 2-15 minutes, then fine for a few hours..maybe half a day, then repeat. Trying to stay on a server under those conditions is almost pointless (I tried this past Sunday and ... :mad: ), so I will be switching to cable broadband when I get a chance.

Hope to be on then! :)

Upvote 0