• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

They supposedly want to make it look like the final game so you get an idea of what it's going to look like. Unfortunately you can only estimate if the final game will be as cramped as the screenshots (I hope it won't be) and you can only really judge the art assets.
I guess they would show real in-game footage if it would remotely resemble the look of the final game. Maybe it does look like OPF1 at the moment. Maybe it looks like OPF2 with a high percentage of missing textures and place-holder models.

How it plays won't ever be shown in a trailer I'm afraid, but that's what text is for and as I wrote earlier what is written about the game seems to indicate it's going to rock.

It's a big waste of time, that's really all there is to say about it.

I allways wait for the real ingame stuff to surface, even if i have to wait for other gamers to get something Fraps'ed and uploaded to Youtube, all this CGI and pre-rendered junk is just false advertisement.

Upvote 0
I am sorry Zips. I edited the picture link in but I don't think I did something wrong because I posted a link to the forum thread where you found the better comparison shot (I saw it too but I am not a fan of double edting).

And I wasn't trolling I just refuse to get hyped about a game that is only a tech demo so far, which many forum members already noticed here.
That is the main differnce of this forum between many other forums but I really hope the game will become what the developer promises a little competiton never hurts.

EDIT: At 27s, is that the same death scream we know from RO? :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am sorry Zips. I edited the picture link in but I don't think I did something wrong because I posted a link to the forum thread where you found the better comparison shot (I saw it too but I am not a fan of double edting).

And I wasn't trolling I just refuse to get hyped about a game that is only a tech demo so far, which many forum members already noticed here.
That is the main differnce of this forum between many other forums but I really hope the game will become what the developer promises a little competiton never hurts.
GRID looked 90% of what the first rendered trailers looked like, so did DIRT.

But you don't have to be hyped about it, that's ok.

Upvote 0

EDIT: At 27s, is that the same death scream we know from RO? :D
Fair enough. I just wanted the distinction to be made for those who probably would not bother to read the topic there to get the full story. You did come off as if you were trying to call them out on something that wasn't factual, so I corrected it. :)

Upvote 0
Well, as a trailer, it looks awesome. But unfortunately we still don't know in the slightest what kind of gameplay OFP2 will offer (let alone what kind of graphics). If it plays half as fluently as the trailer wants you to believe, then great. But gameplay is most important.

By the looks of it, Codemasters is more about spiffy looking trailers to get people hyped up, while BIS is more about releasing small tidbits of info and real ingame screenshots and videos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Careful Ermac, Drakon2k will call you out for trolling. Negative opinions are not tolerated here!
He does have a point, it really looked very hollywood - as in what happened within the movie. Graphicswise(and imo the trailer was to show how the final game will look like - even if not 100% like that, at least the models were the same ones they'll use in the full game) I don't think that there's anything one could say against. If the game will just look 80% like this trailer it's already great. And as I said before that's quite likely as CM showed with GRID and DIRT.

Upvote 0
No one cares about anything they've released so far because absolutely NOTHING they've shown of this game is real in-game screenshots or video. It's all rendered models in a scene, depicting what the game might look like if PCs could make games look that way. The game won't look anything like this, and it makes me wonder how far along the game really is if they're not even able to release a single in-game screenshot or video.

Upvote 0
No one cares about anything they've released so far because absolutely NOTHING they've shown of this game is real in-game screenshots or video. It's all rendered models in a scene, depicting what the game might look like if PCs could make games look that way. The game won't look anything like this, and it makes me wonder how far along the game really is if they're not even able to release a single in-game screenshot or video.
They're in early alpha.

Upvote 0
Presumably because their in-game environment still looks like sh!t with placeholder assets all over the place. Maybe they are also lacking support for some advanced graphical features, like, say, paralax maps. With something like that not yet implemented the in-game shots would look nothing like the final game, even if the rest was completely finished!
They could just release no images at all, but you need images to get into gaming mags. At least they try to make their images look like they want the final game to look like and don't just go for regular CGI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the game has gotten too much press for such little of what they have done. In the PC gamer issue they were making out it was like the best thing since pie. If your gonna boast about how good your game is then you better show us some ingame pics to make it seem more credible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0