• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire at Gotland Game Awards 2008

I for one am kind of bored by WW2 FPS. Never thought I'd say that, but I've been playing this scenario since god knows when and it's getting kind of old.

Korean war would be cool or maybe the Balkan wars. Arab-Isreali wars or even one of the gazillion African conflicts. Political correctness all the way.

Modern combat could also be good though, maybe one that does NOT focus on US Army and its special forces, but a game on SAS, KSK, French Foreign Legion... lots of basically undone options for a tactical FPS.

Upvote 0
I really hope it is released on consoles, for the simple reason that my PC can no longer handle anything (specifically my old 9800 pro). I bought a console because I was tired of spending so much money updating my PC with hardware that would soon be obsolete in about 2 years. When the next xbox comes out in maybe 5 years, then I will get a new one, but the thing about consoles that I like is the ease of use, and that they are all uniform. And many games on the 360 look beautiful anyway. I don't know why so many people bash consoles on this forum.

Upvote 0
I really hope it is released on consoles, for the simple reason that my PC can no longer handle anything (specifically my old 9800 pro). I bought a console because I was tired of spending so much money updating my PC with hardware that would soon be obsolete in about 2 years. When the next xbox comes out in maybe 5 years, then I will get a new one, but the thing about consoles that I like is the ease of use, and that they are all uniform. And many games on the 360 look beautiful anyway. I don't know why so many people bash consoles on this forum.

(MY OPINION) Many games tend to be 'dumbed down' when designed side by side for the PC and console. PC games also seem to lack certain options available to those using a keyboard as the game has to be designed with the limited options a hand controller offers. Third, it just seems that the console crowd is more of a "run-n-gun" one compared to PC gamers, especially if those PC gamers prefer games like RO over DOD or COD. Fourth is the simple fact that a companies time and resources are diverted from making PC games :D

Upvote 0
consoles are more like the easy way, you buy it, you don't worry about building a good system or installing your games, you can't tune them to your liking, you have simplified controls, you can't load your mp3 program in the background while playing, or type the stuff you want to say...

those are some little things that adds to a feeling that consoles are for people without personality, who don't care or worry and don't want to think or get really involved in their stuff

of course this is not true for some people, but I'm sure that the % of people like this is much higher in consoler than in PCs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eww, consoles, its usually once you move up in the world and go PC you don't go back. And if you do, you always end up back on the PC for games eventually. PC gamers are typically the older crowd since mommy and daddy don't like upgrading their kids rig.

Don't get me wrong, I use to love console gaming going way back to the Atari, Coleco, and Intellivision. I was also a Goldeneye God on the N64. I still am proud to say I unlocked all the cheats for the game too. :)

Upvote 0