• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea for a mod- fairly easy to make also

That is true...

That is true...

Red Guard is right. In addition to offending sensibilities on both sides of the border having Finn soldiers wearing Soviet uniforms, a full mod would be required to make this worthwhile instead of the lame idea I had.

What is worrisome, I can't even imagine how many thousands of hours has been invested making the Mare Nostrum and Carpathian Cross mods... and we are having serious issues getting ANY full servers playing those mods! :(

To model the Winter War would most likely be futility with even a smaller fan base than MN and CC! Unfortunately, this idea appears to be DOA.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Offtopic:
lol you CC players should just shut up, i'm not saying that CC sucks, actually its the best mod so far, but totally useless. Romanians we're the ****tiest soldiers of ww2. Do you guys know why Germans got into that pocket in Stalingrad? cause Romanian cowards couldnt stand the cold. and the German lines broke on Romanian section. ( and yes there was Romanian soldiers in stalingrad fighting for germans.)

but what about Winter war or continuation war?

Soviets attacked with 1,000,000 men, 6,500 tanks and 3,800 aircraft against 250,000 Finnish men. Finnish army had barely 30 tanks and 130 aircraft. Soviets outnumbered the Finns 4 to 1 in men, 200 to 1 in tanks and 30 to 1 in aircraft. Soldiers from all around Finland were ready to defend their country. Finnish army wasnt prepared for war, so from the army soldiers got only a Rifle, ammo and a cockade, everything else they needed to bring from home. winter unifrom, headgear, boots, food and so on. Soviets prepared to march to Helsinki in 12-16 days, but they never even got close. that is an hell of an effort to be made. i'm too lazy to write 8-10 pages about this so i'll quit my history lesson here.

so go for it Sean1989, this is a must get mod for RO! those CC guys should of thought more when they picked their subject...
...Romanians...pfff...go home and shame CC guys. we dont need your negative comments here...

(BTW sean if you need help...i can map. :))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
funny comment, i enjoyed it. Even though there is not one romanian posting in this thread :)

And what a surprise a soumi dude is all up for a finland mod *gasp*
When i started CC i had basically 2 scenarios to chose from, one was finland the other the romanians. And i took the road less travelled by...

Upvote 0
Soviets outnumbered the Finns 4 to 1 in men, 200 to 1 in tanks and 30 to 1 in aircraft. Soldiers from all around Finland were ready to defend their country. Finnish army wasnt prepared for war, so from the army soldiers got only a Rifle, ammo and a cockade, everything else they needed to bring from home. winter unifrom, headgear, boots, food and so on. Soviets prepared to march to Helsinki in 12-16 days, but they never even got close

If you can figure out how you can simulate general incompetence of Soviets in winter war and force 1:4 ratio on servers and other crap like that (and expect people to play it) - I am all ears.

When i started CC i had basically 2 scenarios to chose from, one was finland the other the romanians. And i took the road less travelled by...

Which was a fine choice.

Upvote 0
If you can figure out how you can simulate general incompetence of Soviets in winter war and force 1:4 ratio on servers and other crap like that (and expect people to play it) - I am all ears.
quote]

That's all ready modeled on the map kyrukova! :D

Agree, Romanians are fine and the maps are good. Now if we can get a full server and I can figure out those mortars.......

Upvote 0
Offtopic:
lol you CC players should just shut up, i'm not saying that CC sucks, actually its the best mod so far, but totally useless. Romanians we're the ****tiest soldiers of ww2. Do you guys know why Germans got into that pocket in Stalingrad? cause Romanian cowards couldnt stand the freezing cold. and the German lines broke on Romanian section. ( and yes there was Romanian soldiers in stalingrad fighting for germans.)

but what about Winter war or continuation war?

Soviets attacked with 1,000,000 men, 6,500 tanks and 3,800 aircraft against 250,000 Finnish men. Finnish army had barely 30 tanks and 130 aircraft. Soviets outnumbered the Finns 4 to 1 in men, 200 to 1 in tanks and 30 to 1 in aircraft. Soldiers from all around Finland were ready to defend their country. Finnish army wasnt prepared for war, so from the army soldiers got only a Rifle, ammo and a cockade, everything else they needed to bring from home. winter unifrom, headgear, boots, food and so on. Soviets prepared to march to Helsinki in 12-16 days, but they never even got close. that is an hell of an effort to be made. i'm too lazy to write 8-10 pages about this so i'll quit my history lesson here.

so go for it Sean1989, this is a must get mod for RO! those CC guys should of thought more when they picked their subject...
...Romanians...pfff...go home and shame. we dont need your negative comments here...
moz-screenshot.jpg

Wow. What an immature post. Why did you have to start attacking like that. There was a friendly discussion going on...:confused:

And I think you have bit too much nationalistic pride in your tone...With that kind of attitude you will not achieve anything.

And you know what. There

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow. What an immature post. Why did you have to start attacking like that. There was a friendly discussion going on...

friendly discussion???:confused: i guess you missed about 75% of the posts lol. and don't start talking about immaturity around here, though there are some who speek in a mature tone through there typing, they are very immature about the topics and the actual content of the post.

i think it was a great point. og for making the mod, i will play it!

Upvote 0
friendly discussion???:confused: i guess you missed about 75% of the posts lol.

Well. Ok. Maybe it was not that friendly, really...:p

and don't start talking about immaturity around here, though there are some who speek in a mature tone through there typing, they are very immature about the topics and the actual content of the post.

Hmm. What do you might mean here? I really can

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah, i really wasn't directing that immaturity bit towards your post, just pointing out that there has been plenty of immaturity lately is all....

You should understand, where people are coming from when making those comments. People work the equivalent of months of full time work on mods and custom content. Then someone coming in and saying I want this and this, and then says its easy to do while its of the same work as any of the 3 other mods.

Then he automatically does imply that all other 3 mods were easy to be done, sorry but you won't get nice comments when you say that. If people don't know how much work and how hard it is to do they should not say anything about that at all.

Saying something is easy without you even being able to do anything of it at all is kind of weird. People don't go off saying that rocketscience is easy and request people to go to some planet of your liking either.

You're saying the community is at fault all the time, but tbh i think people need to show respect and think before they post. Think about what they are implying and what they are saying. I dunno what your job is but if you have some project you work on for 2 years and finish it and are proud of your creation, you wouldn't like it if someone said that its easy to do and ask you to make the same again for him for free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree, I don't think they are trying to bash him, but just having been a tester, in this case I will use the example of Carpathian Crosses, it does take alot of time. The dev team put in 2 years of hard work to get things up and running. Skinning, modeling, animation, sounds etc etc all must be done and that takes time, and usually must be done in people's spare time. Even just testing, which I might add is considerably easier than doing the actual work on the mod takes up time and requires some commitment.

I too would like to see a Finnish Mod, and could a smaller Mod based on that be done? Yes. Could it be done in less time than it has taken the 3 major mods out? Perhaps yes with enough dedicated members on a team, especially if it was smaller in scale. Would implying that it would be easy maybe insult those that put in long hours and hard work on the other mods be a bit insulting, even if it wasn't meant that way? Yes....

Upvote 0
Offtopic:
lol you CC players should just shut up, i'm not saying that CC sucks, actually its the best mod so far, but totally useless. Romanians we're the ****tiest soldiers of ww2. Do you guys know why Germans got into that pocket in Stalingrad? cause Romanian cowards couldnt stand the cold. and the German lines broke on Romanian section. ( and yes there was Romanian soldiers in stalingrad fighting for germans.)

...Romanians...pfff...go home and shame CC guys. we dont need your negative comments here...

I LOL'ed

Beneath contempt, seriously.

I look forward to seeing what kind of mod such attitudes are able to produce.

I also particularly look forward to hearing more on the subject of the history of the battle of Stalingrad from such an erudite person.

*Edit* Actually I can't just leave it there, even though common sense tells me not get drawn in by such a tard.

The fact that the 'cowardly Romanians' could not stand the cold is the reason the 6th Army was enveloped in November 1942? Which cereal packet did you get that particular gem off the back of?

Hitler decided that the main thrust for late 1942 was to be in the south as he realised that, with the failure of Typhoon, his war machine was perilously short of fuel and they needed the oil-fields of the Caucasus. Supply lines were already fairly over-extended and this was compounded by splitting Army group south into two sub-groups - A and B.

One group was given the job of gunning for the Caucasus, the other was to take Stalingrad. Stalingrad was an important centre for the production of arms and vehicles and occupied a strategically important position of the Volga and the rail-lines to the east. Going for two objectives simultaneously was not a smart move, though. Maybe Hitler was hoping that Turkey would pitch into the war if he took Stalingrad and help him take the Caucasus.

The Romanians had participated in the invasion of Russia - particularly because Hitler offered them the only chance of revenge for the 1940 Soviet seizure of Bessarabia and so on (modern-day Moldova). But, once Operation Munchen had reached a successful conclusion and, following that, the Romanians had been basically used as cannon fodder in the seizure of Odessa and been tasked with holding Germany's coat during the taking of Sevastopol it is hardly surprising that they were not exactly enamoured of being further involved in a war which was showing every sign of being a lot more drawn-out than they had imagined.

They were, in addition, woefully under-equipped. Romania had not been frantically up-tooling its war industries before the war like Germany and the Soviet Union had been doing because, frankly, they had not really expected to be involved in a world war. This meant that they had no real native arms industry and relied on mostly light weapons bought in from a variety of other countries. They certainly had no decent tanks or AT weapons cos these were ultimate technology at the time and the Germans were certainly not going to take all their Pz IV's and decent AT guns away from the German frontlines to give to the Romanians.

So when the Soviet buildup along the Don and to the south of Stalingrad was finally revealed to be a trap and Soviet tank armies rolled across towards Kalach, who was in the way? Demoralised, under-equipped Romanians with a few ancient 47mm AT guns, that's who. Not surprisingly, they rolled over pretty fast.

Hitler was quite happy to blame his 'weak allies' for his own strategic errors. But it does not cover up the fact that it was not too wise to put his armies in a position where they had to rely for support on their over-extended flanks from allies whose reasons for being in the war had faded pretty soon after 1941 was out.

BTW - there were NO Romanians in Stalingrad fighting for the Germans - they were a good few kilometres away.

As regards a Finnish mod - it is not going to happen because there are not enough mappers and modellers and animators and coders out there. End of story. Nothing to do with any external people's 'negative attitude' but more to do with the fact that the kind of people who talk about mods and the kind of people who make them are different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But i'm sure that Italians are viewed as "not a priority" on anybody's modding wishlist.

Actually they are a priority for Mare Nostrum, and we're working on them now. :]

As for the OP;

Winter War would be easy in that you just add a new army, a few new vehicles, and of course some maps. So long as you keep all the UI stuff as-in, it's not as complicated at doing a full fledge CC. (so it'd be a 'mod-lite').

Me saying 'Easy' is a relative thing mind you. It's still alot of work either way!

Upvote 0