• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

Looks like they are redoing the character models :/

I hope the player will be able to choose which one he wants :eek:

800x600_prop.jpg

800x600_prop.jpg

800x600_prop.jpg

800x600_prop.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36318.html

Upvote 0
It looks quite promising. But it's very fast paced, which doesn't really seem to fit with the whole zombie theme. Doesn''t slower pace = more spooky atmosphere? I refer to Thief as an example: slow pace, extremely atmospheric. It would be a shame if L4D would feel like CS with zombies, because the rest seems to be done very well. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course it will be "CS with Zombies" but what is wrong with that if it was a single player game a slower gameplay would maybe fit better but this will be about being fast and working as a team. Faster Zombies are more challengeing in my opinion.

And about theshotgun spread get close to the Zombie and aim for the head kills Zombies even in Half Life 2 ;).

Upvote 0
Of course it will be "CS with Zombies" but what is wrong with that if it was a single player game a slower gameplay would maybe fit better but this will be about being fast and working as a team. Faster Zombies are more challengeing in my opinion.

And about theshotgun spread get close to the Zombie and aim for the head kills Zombies even in Half Life 2 ;).

The way this game was shaping up was that the hordes of regular "shambling" zombies would be a constant looming threat, while the "super" zombies (tank, witch, boomer, etc.) would provide the fast paced challange. If EVERYTHING is fast then it becomes a monotonous twitch-fest, like...TF2.

I mean, think about Ravenholm in HL2. There were loads of regular headcrab zombies that shamble along and provide somewhat of a threat. But then you've got those fast ones which are the REAL killers.

Imagine how great it would be if you run for cover inside of a warehouse from a Tank, only to find yourself running right into a mob of shambling zombies right at cose range. Or be moving down an alley or a hallway and suddenly a horde of shamblers pour out from a doorway. Everything doesn't have to be FAST-TWITCH-FAST to be a challenge.

Goddamn ADD culture :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0