• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield: Bad Company

Got the sniper's laser thing that calls in JDAMs and its really cool except when an infantry unit is caught in the middle of the blast and comes out only suffering heavy damage instead of, you know, freaking vapourization....really lame when guys can bail out of their vehicle because they've been locked on to and live, kinda like jumping out of your tank in a losing battle in RO...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure in WW2 that most tankers bailed out of there tanks after the first round penetrated, in fear that the next one would kill them (if the first didn't already).

When the bail out, just follow them instead of the vehicle, kills them dead. It's funny too, because they think they've escaped death and then WHAM. :D

Upvote 0
Played the demo quite a bit and I won't be buying the game now. The hit detection is ridiculous, weapons are not correct, classes are not exactly fair at times, and worst of all the screaming kids on the mic.
Yea, they can keep that game it doesn't even look really good on the screen looked much better in the video's they showed.

Upvote 0
I tried the demo on my xbox, it's just another battlefield game really, which means a parade of bunny hopping, trash talking retards, low weapon damage and poor hit detection. Plus playing shooters with the controller is just retarded and about a 100x more retarded when it's a battlefield game.

Definitely not buying this.

Upvote 0
I tried the demo on my xbox, it's just another battlefield game really, which means a parade of bunny hopping, trash talking retards, low weapon damage and poor hit detection. Plus playing shooters with the controller is just retarded and about a 100x more retarded when it's a battlefield game.

Definitely not buying this.

Thats the spirit.:D

Upvote 0
The whole thing is pretty bad from my experience playing the demo. I know the graphics aren't looking like the HD video's they show, but I can deal with subpar visuals only if the gameplay is there. So the gameplay really sucks even when you have people trying.
Most of the time when a round starts about 3 people teamkill each other so they can hop on the artillery gun. I remember back in the day on '42 it was TKing for the vehicles, but this time around it's more than enough when the round begins.
And for Gods sake why does everyone have to be a Sniper? No wonder battles play out so awful when the whole team wants to be a sniper and not move anywhere, but a place to shoot someone. We can't win when everyone is sitting back trying to shoot the enemy. It takes about two hits from the rifle to kill someone which is BS. The hit detection and damage also needs some immediate tweaking and the splash damage. Since the game is so close to release now I doubt that will be fixed. The shotgun is almost a sniper rifle at times.
It would take me all day to post what is wrong with this title, but I would avoid it unless someone gives you a copy for free and even then you will probably get bored.
Project Reality Mod for BF2 is still King for a modern BF and I don't see that changing until another PC BF releases if they do release one.

Upvote 0
The whole thing is pretty bad from my experience playing the demo. I know the graphics aren't looking like the HD video's they show, but I can deal with subpar visuals only if the gameplay is there. So the gameplay really sucks even when you have people trying.
Most of the time when a round starts about 3 people teamkill each other so they can hop on the artillery gun. I remember back in the day on '42 it was TKing for the vehicles, but this time around it's more than enough when the round begins.
And for Gods sake why does everyone have to be a Sniper? No wonder battles play out so awful when the whole team wants to be a sniper and not move anywhere, but a place to shoot someone. We can't win when everyone is sitting back trying to shoot the enemy. It takes about two hits from the rifle to kill someone which is BS. The hit detection and damage also needs some immediate tweaking and the splash damage. Since the game is so close to release now I doubt that will be fixed. The shotgun is almost a sniper rifle at times.
It would take me all day to post what is wrong with this title, but I would avoid it unless someone gives you a copy for free and even then you will probably get bored.
Project Reality Mod for BF2 is still King for a modern BF and I don't see that changing until another PC BF releases if they do release one.

Haha, it's six years since BF1942 came out and DICE still haven't learned. Those things were exactly the reason why I stopped playing that game. I still remember 90% of the Allied team sniping on the beach of Omaha, refusing to attack. Pathetic.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Ah this game is so much fun, not that realistic but fun. Harvest Day is the best map, open fields and country, feels like your playing in the country side in Germany, just some great multiplayer maps over all. Been playing this instead of RO for a while now.

What makes the game most appealing to me is that the world is truly destructible and you can use it to your advantage(so many awesome stories to tell on this lol). I really hope TWI's new game has something like this, after playing this game, I believe it is the future of how more major war games will be made and it is how it should be, with the ability to destroy what you want with the right tools. No more foot soldiers able to hide in a building from a 10 ton tank keke

Upvote 0

Welcome to the world of consoles haha

Upvote 0