• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

It's been rightfully proven that if a Call of Duty game isn't made by Infinity Ward it sucks. Infinity Ward made 1, 2, and 4, and those are the only "Fun" Call of Duty's, 3 could be mistaken for fun, but people don't realize how poorly unfinished it really is. (Glitches are everywhere).

By getting the COD4 engine, won't make the game any better, and by finally taking the COD series out of there European front and into another location of the war, won't make it any better either. Last I heard, it's not playable, and it's going to be WWII, whether it's in the Pacific campaign or not, as of now in my opinion, is a rumor.

Upvote 0
It's been rightfully proven that if a Call of Duty game isn't made by Infinity Ward it sucks. Infinity Ward made 1, 2, and 4, and those are the only "Fun" Call of Duty's, 3 could be mistaken for fun, but people don't realize how poorly unfinished it really is. (Glitches are everywhere).

By getting the COD4 engine, won't make the game any better, and by finally taking the COD series out of there European front and into another location of the war, won't make it any better either. Last I heard, it's not playable, and it's going to be WWII, whether it's in the Pacific campaign or not, as of now in my opinion, is a rumor.
Just WAIT until there's some real info or don't bother at all.

Upvote 0
It's been rightfully proven that if a Call of Duty game isn't made by Infinity Ward it sucks. Infinity Ward made 1, 2, and 4, and those are the only "Fun" Call of Duty's...

What?
I'm not alone in the opinion that CoD:UO was the best Call of Duty up-to-date. I hardly see how it's been 'rightfully proven' that 1, 2 and 4 are the only fun CoDs. :rolleyes:

You could certainly claim that they are the most dumbed down ones though (CoD 2 taking the cake in that category).

Upvote 0
Developer: Gray Matter Interactive

So, no, IW didn't make the best CoD (imo)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Matter_Interactive
In my opinion the stock game's singleplayer campaign is superior to UO despite it having bigger levels. The two main reasons for me are that a) you hardly ever find a bolty in UO as almost every German that should have one uses a G43 presumably because it's easier to use for the player should he pick one up and because it's less frustrating to combat enemies with guns that do their damage over a few shots instead of packing it in just one. And b) because it was WAY more aggressive in terms of throwing respawning enemies at you.

For the multiplayer part: The vehicles are too arcadey even for a CoD game and the levels that use them look like weird comic book versions of the places they should portray. Undetailed to make up for their size and strangely deformed (too steep hills for example) to make them playable with the more or less short-range weaponry CoD offers.
Unnecessary tinkering with a well working death-match game in my opinion.

There are some good additions like deployable MGs though it could have been handled better, but all in all it wasn't worth buying in restrospect unless you desperately wanted new levels to play on.

Upvote 0
Did I hear Co-Op?
This is fantasic news for those who can run it I reckon. That's what was missing in the other games and that's what would have made the singleplayer bearable. Except those supposed stealth missions in CoD4 ala:

"Tally ho! Press BUTTON now in ohda to not die"
*me trying to think on my own and find another way out of the situation* ZONK
"oh, fizzle sticks: wrong button, chap. A hohde of peculiarily hellish dogs comes swohming at you spewing insta death. Should've listen to me old lad - despite my accent."

Apart from the fact that they wouldn't work in coop, not even coop could have made those enjoyable.

Other than that I think I could even live with respawning enemies (biggest downer in recent CoD titles imho) if it were coop.

EDIT: @screenshots: Way too small to say a lot about it but CoD games always looked superb and had a brilliant performance vs. looks ratio too so I have no doubts that at least in that department CoD5 won't fail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • First Part of the campaign will be in the pacific
  • 2nd part probably as russian fighting the way to berlin(late-war)
  • multiplayer coop(finally)
  • perks achievements etc(which is great imo)
  • vehicles in mp
  • Treyarch had 2 years of development instead of 11months for cod3
I have to say I'm really looking forward to it. I don't know much about Treyarch(except if they were the ones who developed UO which was pretty cool imo, and together with the UO mod great), but I'll just wait and see. If they manage to deliver the ww2 atmosphere a cod1/uo/cod2(in parts) had and cool multiplayer like in CoD4, then this will be a must-buy for me at least. Does anybody know when it'll be out?

It's called Call of Duty: World At War btw.

Upvote 0
This is fantastic news!!! The loveable flamethrower makes it's debut return from COD: UO and it says right in the article that it can now set ablaze grass and wooden buildings even burning and melting the skin off your enemy as they scream according to OXM. Awesome!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does anyone have a link to the OXM article or could they maybe scan it? I am pretty happy that it's set in the PTO, giving that theater some attention. Only, whats the point of setting the latter half of the game in Russia/Eastern Europe? Just make it all in the pacific, islands and CBI theater, **** even the Aleutians could be done.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0