• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WW2 online questions

Wow, most immersive WW2 game ever. Had a couple of free hours last night, so installed it, played it til 2am, then spent most of today on it :eek:
I'll link to a video I took earlier - Its not edited nicely, I just had to cut it down from the 30 mins it was. Its all in the correct order, and all true (the background bit, is mainly what I'm referring to - I seemed to predict quite a lot that life - such as "shouldn't we be keeping an eye on the FB?" - I head over to it, and 10 seconds later (in the original video) an Opel Blitz spawns - then after that, I said "We're f....ed when his reinforcements come" - a short time later (within a minute), a German tank spawns - and we'd already used all our explosives, and had no means of destroying it.

Upvote 0
I shot a sherman in the turret with a PaK 40 five times or something from about 50-100m maybe? I dont think anything happened to the sherman, and I think all the shots bounced SOMEHOW because I took a spark shower. The sherman aimed at me, was like wdf are you doing, and sprayed me. This COMPLETELY killed the game for me, that was ridiculous. I was on the 14 day free trial, and I quit after about day 8 maybe. :(

Before that little fiasco, I joined the allied team and left axis to try the allies out at the final battle of the campaign, at some city called Le Cotry or something like that. I was a French LMGer and I setup in the army base bunker to watch entrance and we were completely surrounded. I had an overstock of about like 30 mags total, and me and the entire bunker crew were completely ready to defend it, when I get connection to host lost. I ALMOST quit after that since it happens quite often, and I couldn't get back into bunker to defend it in the epic last battle because it was surrounded and our spawn was camped. The Sherman thing was the last straw however. The community seems nice, but of course there will always be a few jerks (Which I encountered in game).

I would DEFINATELY not pay $15 a month for this or whatever it is, just because I don't feel that it's worth it. But you should go try the 14 week free trial to see if you like it, that was just MY experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I shot a sherman in the turret with a PaK 40 five times or something from about 50-100m maybe? I dont think anything happened to the sherman, and I think all the shots bounced SOMEHOW because I took a spark shower. The sherman aimed at me, was like wdf are you doing, and sprayed me.

I believe you just hit five times in a spot which really did not damage the tank dramatically or kill any crew members. And 7.5cm hole is not exactly that big on a tank. If you doubt, go find something to check how long 7.5cm distance is and imagine it in round shape on a wall and then imagine a tank where to put that hole.

Upvote 0
last time i played this i wasted almost 3 hours running around in the fields, not knowing where are any battles. The spawn system was weird and bugged, and i only got to see enemy once. i spent most of the time shooting sky with 40mm bofors AA. There also were lots of assholes, who wouldnt give me a lift or anything...Never touched the game since...

Upvote 0
I really wanted to like this game, but I just couldn't. Movement and combat felt so wooden and stiff. The control schemes for vehicles and aircraft were horrendous. Seriously, whose idea was it to make you have to move your view around inside a plane or tank with the joystick. Mouselook anyone?

Did you try re-mapping the turret movement to the mouse ?

Upvote 0
I believe you just hit five times in a spot which really did not damage the tank dramatically or kill any crew members. And 7.5cm hole is not exactly that big on a tank. If you doubt, go find something to check how long 7.5cm distance is and imagine it in round shape on a wall and then imagine a tank where to put that hole.

Yes, but NONE of the shots penetrated, they just sparked and bounced off. THIS killed the game for me. I like it how a round can go through a tank and cause little damage if it does not hit anything important, but the point is NONE of my 75mm shots penetrated, which is ridiculous. Everyone in ww2ol complains how the Sherman was buffed so much because the allies kept loosing to Tigers and stuff, and now the Sherman is like a Tiger.

Upvote 0