• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add Molotov Cocktail? (Merged)

Finnish soldiers in winter war 1941 made molotovs. They even have factorys what do molotovs.

Ups. Winter war was seriously over by 1941. It was the summer sequal going on then.:)

Oh. And that molotov factory thing. Yes, Molotov coctails are still our major exports, many factories producing them. It`s a shame that people tend to do their own bootlegs in conflicts around world. Bad for our economy.:D

Upvote 0
I think Molotov Cocktails of one fashion or other have been around since ancient Roman and Greek times haven't they?
If we have smoke grenades it'd be pretty cool to have Molotovs for a map or 2.
I'm for it. :)

Monkeyman

You're thinking of greek fire

Anyway, they should be put in. They were used extensively by both sides in WW2 and shouldn't be ignored.

Upvote 0
Molotov cocktails are probably the most dangerous thing someone could make with less than 3 bucks.

Check this movie clip out... its from the movie "Stalingrad" (A GREAT FLICK) It features german infantry using many different anti tank weapons, including molotov cocktails.

(It is a movie... but it is graphic... just letting you know.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LrGkARewCw

Upvote 0
What about the molotov coktail?

What about the molotov coktail?

Well, i didnt see any thread suggesting that weapon, the molotov cocktail (in spanish is "coctel molotov", i dont know how to say in english). I mean a bottle full of gasoline or similar, and throw with a firing rag...It was used by russian army.

It could be used againt tanks (mostly) or infantery. Against tank it could harm a little the crew or if used against front zone, blind driver..i think it could be a good complement to a rifleman equipment.

Only a suggestion. :)

Upvote 0
I don't think the damage model in RO is complex enough to handle molotov cocktails. They weren't wonder weapons that would instantly destroy any tank they came into contact with. There was very narrow window in which they could actually destroy a tank. They were mostly a psychological weapon used to scare the crew out (and psychology is irrelevant in the instant resurrection world of RO).

Upvote 0