• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms HH E3 trailer

Yes, but AI can never replace human teammates. It was like nanny daycare in my opinion. But good if it works for you, it's my loss, not yours.
As my own shots had to go through that exaggerated "cover-filter" too I never felt that superior to my AI team mates to be honest. At least not in the singleplayer or co-op mode.
I only played competitively twice but my brother didn't like it.

The problem with BiA1's multiplayer is that people try to play it like a shooter ala CoD when they really should play it more like something along the lines of Full Spectrum Warrior.
They play it as if it was CoD and then they get frustrated that their AI comrades get wasted by someone who uses his team to full effect and flanks the buggers. And then they get frustrated because they can't do nothing on their own because cover is cover - no matter how good a shot you are.
It's NOT a shooter. It's a strategy game and for immersion's sake you play one unit from a first-person perspective.

Of course whether you like that or not is you own decision but I don't think its fair to blame for the game for it.

Upvote 0
The thing I hated most about the stock BiA was the silly cover system and the forced flank approach. Every battle wasn't won by flanking and contrary to what BiA portrayed, a green hedgegrow with a gap in it isn't a magical bullet shield...

And besides, if they were going for immersion, they could've actually gone for a more realistic weapon damage system; when I shoot someone with a .30 or .45 cal round in the chest I expect them to go down, not touch their chest and continue firing at me after a second. Not to mention the situations where they just shrugged off a neck shot...

Upvote 0
This isn't some garage product. And this trailer isn't just a random fraps vid of some shmuck playing the beta. If they are releasing a trailer they carefully select their footage and only show what they think works well enough already so it can be shown!

Besides that: If they show it it's their fault if the game gets trashed for it. If they don't think it reflects the final game well enough then they just shouldn't show it. Easy as that.

Upvote 0
Maybe from the people who have played it and are testing it. But arguing over a trailer of an unfinished game just strikes me as hilarious.

So you're saying that if we see spot errors or bugs in a trailer for a game, we should just keep quiet. That's like saying "you have no right to criticize it until you've driven it" about a brand new car that clearly has a flat tire.

If you think criticism is funny, fine, but the joke's on us if they don't fix those things before release.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're criticizing some footage from a beta build of a game. Just because it isn't some super realistic war sim, you guys get up in arms about the smallest details.

At what age do people suddenly start to nit-pick every single thing they dislike about an unfinished game instead of just saying that looks like fun, realistic or not. Is it really the same time everyone turns into graphic whores as well? Because I really hope that I somehow avoid that defining moment in a person's life.

You want them to "fix" an apparently slow RPG... Wow.

Upvote 0
I found that "bazooka not blowing up small walls" quite amusing.

Presuming they are loaded with hollow charges, I don't think hollow charges are similiar as HE. Kinda like comparing AP shell to HE in terms of collateral damage and you complain how come one house won't go down with 12 APs while one HE already collapsed 1\3 of it.

when I shoot someone with a .30 or .45 cal round in the chest I expect them to go down, not touch their chest and continue firing at me after a second. Not to mention the situations where they just shrugged off a neck shot...

How about RO's "oh hi I shot someone with a pistol to the head and he won't die" (yes, this is possible at some distance) ?

The thing I hated most about the stock BiA was the silly cover system and the forced flank approach. Every battle wasn't won by flanking and contrary to what BiA portrayed, a green hedgegrow with a gap in it isn't a magical bullet shield...

That forced flanking was somewhat annoying, but I still find that cover debate funny. While unrealistic as hell that one wooden fence can magically block bullets, the idea works far more beter than many other games have their stuff done, like in RO if someone sees your boot in one spot he can use his magical and superior aiming skills to snipe you past 200 yards just like that and so on. Superior aiming lazerz.

What they did is not 100% most realistic choice around, but it sure works far more beter than having this regular snipefest caused by

Upvote 0
Yea, you are right. It wouldn't even scratch the wall huh. SARCASMO METER: IT'S OVER 9000.

Anyway, they took the footage down, so I guess they themselves found it too buggy to show yet. I bet they will fix a lot of stuff, but when ppl see things they don't like they can't post it here, cuz that would be too critical according to Zips. Lawlz.

All criticism is made with it being in mind that it's still beta, so cry some more. :cool:

Upvote 0
You're criticizing some footage from a beta build of a game. Just because it isn't some super realistic war sim, you guys get up in arms about the smallest details.

At what age do people suddenly start to nit-pick every single thing they dislike about an unfinished game instead of just saying that looks like fun, realistic or not. Is it really the same time everyone turns into graphic whores as well? Because I really hope that I somehow avoid that defining moment in a person's life.

You want them to "fix" an apparently slow RPG... Wow.

Wrong, buddy.

Upvote 0
Really? I always had the impression that they died conveniently quickly in RtH and EiB.

Didn't get thru EIB, as RO came out when my son got the game and it took all my time, no comment on that one. I did play single player on the hardest setting (or the one right below it) for RtH and that is how I remember it. Of course, that was a few years back :p

Upvote 0

Presuming they are loaded with hollow charges, I don't think hollow charges are similiar as HE. Kinda like comparing AP shell to HE in terms of collateral damage and you complain how come one house won't go down with 12 APs while one HE already collapsed 1\3 of it.

Bazookas used HEAT afaik, so it damage to buildings and armor penetration would be realistic.

How about RO's "oh hi I shot someone with a pistol to the head and he won't die" (yes, this is possible at some distance) ?

You brought RO into this, but I do think RO's damage system is superior to the one used in older BiAs. It's possible that a pistol shot grazes someone's head and helmet in RO, but in BiA it's the same where ever you hit.
It takes 2 shots to the head to drop an enemy. Pretty much an immersion killer if you have ANY previous knowledge on bullet damage.

That forced flanking was somewhat annoying, but I still find that cover debate funny. While unrealistic as hell that one wooden fence can magically block bullets, the idea works far more beter than many other games have their stuff done, like in RO if someone sees your boot in one spot he can use his magical and superior aiming skills to snipe you past 200 yards just like that and so on. Superior aiming lazerz.

That's not true, you can hardly hit an exposed boot at 200 yards, not to mention spot it, in RO. Besides, RO has a sway system that works quite good imo; if you are tired or unsupported you get more sway that makes hitting distant targets harder. BiA on the other hand had no system at all.
It just had constant crazy sway that couldn't even be overcome because even when the sights aligned on a target, you still had the inevitable bullet spread cone, which made hitting ANYTHING that wasn't in front of you and lacking cover almost impossible.

Your replies on forced flanking and tank combat are funny though. Forced combat approaches = bad. They completely kill replay value, even in EiB with more of them available. And when did I even claim RO's tank combat system was good? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0