• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gran Turismo:HD finally gets....

Played it extensively.

IT'S SWEET. but make sure you can play it at 1080p and that you have a quality racing wheel like I do.

Honestly, I played the same track two lap race online 30 times straight and didn't even get bored! :eek: just mad at sunday drivers bumping your rear like morons cause they don't know how to take a turn in the art of cutting it and coming out of it at full speed accelerating and not all tires grinding and sliding towards the outer edge. :mad: Can't wait for damage to be implemented to shut down all these sunday drivers.

From time trial to all the other events and cars, there is PLENTY to be kept busy with the Prologue version only.

GT5 Prologue and PS3 = best purchase I made this year!

Upvote 0
50 million sales
that's a whole lot of money!!! :eek:
GT5 is gonna break records...

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced the cumulative worldwide shipment of 50 million Gran Turismo games worldwide. This milestone was achieved thanks to the international release of Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, after selling 2.2 million copies after just a few weeks on store shelves in Europe, North America, and Asia. Here’s what series creator Kazunori Yamauchi had to say about the event:
“Initially, Gran Turismo was an ‘alternative’ racing game, kind of an outsider in the genre,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, Producer of Gran Turismo. “And we made it thinking that it would be okay as long as it reached out to ‘the select few who would agree with us.’ So this figure — 50 million units — is simply astounding. [ … ] I would really like to thank all the fans who have supported the Gran Turismo series over the years, for all their passion and love of the game. We’d like to continue making every effort to create cutting edge, high quality games, so that we don’t disappoint anyone’s expectations.”

Upvote 0
Most of the shots you posted in this thread are pictures from replays and just like in GT4 replays are coated with a generous amount of AA and AF along with some other filters.

That Nords video just shows off the terrible car physics and that they once again model and inaccurate Nords just like in GT4.

I give them a B for effort, because it will still be a very fun arcade car collecting simulation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most of the shots you posted in this thread are pictures from replays and just like in GT4 replays are coated with a generous amount of AA and AF along with some other filters.

That Nords video just shows off the terrible car physics and that they once again model and inaccurate Nords just like in GT4.

I give them a B for effort, because it will still be a very fun arcade car collecting simulation.

LOL you have no idea how far GT5P has improved over GT4 in every regard and it's not even finished - and don't worry damage is coming

That guy is playing with all aids on and can't drive for crap, with a control pad

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have every idea how far GT5 has improved, and they are huge improvements. But it's still no where near great on the physics side of things since they are not going to make individual (realistic) physics for each car in the game there are too many. That is one of it's only downfalls now since damage is being implemented finally.

Some of their tracks are usually off, sometimes by a fair bit too. But overall they are great games, just not as 'realistic' as some people and they make it out to be. Aids or not you can get a pretty good understanding of how things handle and the movement of the cars.

(Before you claim anything, yes I have played it. I've played it quite a bit because it is fun.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For one the tire model/simulation is lacking and the suspension modeling is half assed. Some of these videos have the F1 cars going full throttle over the grass and inside kerbs in corners... uh-huh.

(that video above he clearly has aids on, which produces the 'oh hey i'm turning at ludicrous speeds and driving in the grass and over kerbs at 172km/h (I assume it's km/h)

My personal experience with the game I have noticed it does a lot of things well. Which is it's problem there are so many things done 'well' and nothing beyond that. While you can't compare the vast diversity and size of GT5 with something like LFS (we're talking Sony and their army of game developers versus the three man team of Live for Speed) they should be able to perfect a lot of the areas like they have the visuals. With that said the drive train modeling is great. LFS is done so well because of the limited amount of vehicles and tracks they have. But each one is done so well and accurate which is the problem with GT games, it's hard to do realistic physics for 800 cars.

I have no problem with GT5 other than them trying to make it out to be the most realistic simulation ever.

A better video would be the one below, however it would be nice to see some steering and pedal input :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybSUR_imgik

LFS Slow Motion, basically just to gander at the tire simulation.
http://segplur.com/movies/slowmotion_tyres2.mov

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As far as realism goes, outside of the damage modeling, the GT series has been one of, if not the, best out there.

Ohh please, its probably one of the best on consoles, but the minute we add PC sims to the fray, its a far cry from realism.

The only thing that really impressed me about GT4 was the amount of cars you could get, but outside of that, it is a very arcady racer, and GT5 seems to be just that with a few improvements, but nothing earth shattering by any means.

Upvote 0