• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Ah, AvP... Still think the first part was way superior. The horror - the horror, I tell you.

Anyways, I'll chip in with some from me. Silent Hunter 3 (with Racerboy's SH4forSH3 effects).

On a Type IIC, after a long hunt involving constant submerging to track the prey with my hydrophone (due to piss-poor visibility ammounting to no more than 250 m) and surfacing to take up the hunt - with the engines blazing at full power, giving me a measly 2 knot speed advantage over my quarry (and most of whatever I made up during the chase part, I lost when going underwater to use the 'phone) . Finally, after almost an hour of real-time of such cat-and-mouse play, there it was, awaiting an eel up it's, well, screws.
sh3img1122007314948tj8.png

Also, turned out she was a Polish vessel in the middle of the North Sea - funny, considering this was March 1940.

Upvote 0
Coey: Nope, there was no bounce off on that one, I had unrealistically chosen the magnetic detonator (I still don't know what's this talk of them being unreliable; of all the times I was almost certain I had hit, there were perhaps two or three cases when there was no kaboom, and two of these times that may have been due to the rough sea) and set the running depth to some 6 or 6.5 m, meaning it went off just under the belly sweetspot.

Nimsky: Well, the mod I was talking about really adds in a lot of eye-candy. Better smoke, explosions, debris flying everywhere after explosions, models of sailors being thrown overboard, oil slicks (which can catch fire), ships shooting flares when they're going down, the ability to hear thunder hitting surface through the hydrophones... Lotsa sweet things. TBH, I never bothered with Grey Wolves due to being on a limited transfer per month and not wanting to waste it all on d/l, but I just had Racerboy's effects and perhaps one or two other minor mods and vanilla morphed into a whole new boat game. Deffo recommend, but last time I checked it wasn't compatible with GWX2.0 (instead GWX2.0 had it's own version, superseding some effects, but failing to emulate others).

Upvote 0