• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Community State

This is not meant as a rant, but really serious concerns for our community.

Our clan scene is rapidly decreasing (we have clans folding or struggling to get even 6 guys these days).
Most times its for the same reasons (bored with RO).
As for public, its harder to find decent servers (a lot are under populated or laggy 50 players).

I understand we don't have the right to know anything thats going on with the Devs, but surely there is something you guys can do to help us out?
In my view, we could preserve what we have IF we knew that something was positive was happening regarding the future of RO.

There is a lot of bored / pissed off guys (different reasons) and don't want to lose anymore players.

It's been complete silence from TWI on their new project, and I appreciate secrecy on new products, but other games companies announce their titles long before they are ready. I don't think anyone is asking for in depth details, but even a hint :|

My fear is when guys decide to leave RO "until next game" that they might not come back. Imo, the mods haven't giving RO the additional life it needed (no disrespect to the mod devs).

Again, only my view, so please dont get too angry. But the people playing RO surely are your next potential market (or a good chunk of it). As it stands, a lot of your next potential customers are not happy (or worse, leaving the game maybe never to return).

M8, they will announce when they are ready!

As far as them doing something to 'help' the situation that you paint as being so grim, they can only do something if they stop work on game 2 which would be a bad idea imho.

RO is great, the servers are well populated and great fun is to be had playing it. People who are bored and pissed off with a game will leave no matter what ;)

Edit: The above is only my opinion.

Upvote 0
Making a short announcment would not delay any work imo.

And it is a grim picture. I am admin at ROLadder so I know all the clans and I also know the problems we are having. Clans that have been playing for years are leaving and that aint a good sign.
As for Public situation, thats open for debate I guess, but to me its in steady decline.
It's not another "give us news just for the sake of it" rant. This really is what happening in the clan scene atm and like it or not, the game needs clanning as much as it needs public.

Upvote 0
Well people I know are frustrated not knowing if there is any future in RO.
For all we know, the new title TWI are working on is nothing to do with RO.
For me, I get the feeling a lot of guys are hanging around hoping for soemthing new and obviously some arent waiting any longer.

I know in my clan roster I got inactive guys who say they will be back once we get soemthing new, and I am sure other clans are in the same situation.

Upvote 0
Well, I find that a little odd to say the least. You see I play RO because I enjoy it, not because I think something else is coming that will be better.

If I get sick of RO I simply won't play it anymore regardless of whether game 2 has been announced or not. In fact I can't think of any game I have ever played where knowing about a future release has made the game any more interesting.

I may be wrong but to me this all sounds like like you and some others have no patience ;)

But hey i'ts good to see players concerned about the state of the current community :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@clanger

I think he is refering to the competitive clanscene in RO. Represented in RO:Ladder.

If you only play public servers, you might not notice it as much as we do. ;)

And besides. The 50 player servers might be full all day long, but is lyeskrovy or danzig with 50 people really good gameplay ? Questionable really. If the server admins whould at least took some effort so tweak the loadouts accordingly it whould help a ton regarding a good gameplay experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ateven is right, ROLadder is slowly dying, public play can hardly be called "active". The few pubs there are use the same maps and often are no fun :eek:

we need the announcment sooner rather than later. :confused:

Sorry I have to ask again, how will an announcement about another game make this game any better? I honestly can't think of any situation where it would?

Sorry if I am being thick but the two seem unrelated to me :)

Upvote 0
I play RO approx 1 hour per day around 10-11pm EST.

Alot of Euros play this game so right there the small but loyal community gets divided. Some people are totally into tank maps (another division of players) and some long-time players simply are not going to play on a 24/7 Danzig map server (again, a division of the player base)

Carpathian Crosses comes out with cool new maps (Ardon rocks) and yet I rarely see a CC map with people in it.

My gaming time is short (I am a parent of 2 and have a wife who thinks I am retarded for playing "the army game") so "seeding" a server isnt an option.
I just hop into a large server that hopefully has some nice, big custom maps with combined arms and play for 45 minutes (longer if I can get a sniper rifle)

Bottom line is...even though there is new content from the community (ie: Carp Crosses with mortars, new tanks, etc) it doesn't get supported due to the divisions mentioned previously. It is frustrating for me as RO is pretty much the only game I play.

My 2 cents...now worth 1 Euro.

Upvote 0
Haven't played stock RO in a long time, I've gotten a bit bored with it after playing it religiously since 3.0 of the mod version. I'll still play the mods now and then though. Don't get me wrong, I still consider RO one of the best games ever. The shooting mechanics don't get any better in any other game.

But yeah, I hope they announce Game 2 soon, too. There is no reason to wait with that, imo.

Woot, 2000th posts! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0