• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

LOL, I was, of course, referring to the fact that WWII is overdone. I don't care what theater it is. Don't twist my words.
Funny you say that. Just before you said "CoD in any form is popular with a lot of people, such as yourself" even though I specifically said that I didn't even really like the game.

"WWII carnival ride shooters" like CoD and MoH are dead.
It's pretty obvious that this isn't true.

Upvote 0
funny how half the people who complain about the COD series actually have bought COD4 :p
i had some fun with COD2 wich was a fairly good MP game with mutators, untill i discovered RO and never touched a COD game again.
why discuss this, i think everybody here should know by now the game is gonna be a overhyped rip-off

Upvote 0
funny how half the people who complain about the COD series actually have bought COD4 :p
i had some fun with COD2 wich was a fairly good MP game with mutators, untill i discovered RO and never touched a COD game again.
why discuss this, i think everybody here should know by now the game is gonna be a overhyped rip-off

I didn't I only played the demo

Upvote 0
Funny you say that. Just before you said "CoD in any form is popular with a lot of people, such as yourself" even though I specifically said that I didn't even really like the game.

Read. Those weren't my words.:rolleyes:

"Dead" as in "been there, done that (or dead)".

Man, do I have to explain every point I make, lol? :)

Upvote 0
Well, I was a big big fan of COD/UO when they came out, disappointed when COD2 came out. Our clan added a COD2 server and shortly after most of were still in the COD/UO server. Something seemed to go wrong from 1 to 2.... In the meantime I got hooked on RO and there was no looking back.

I haven't gotten COD4 yet although my clan switched to that. For the most part, I heard it was much better than COD2, although I am not that big of a fan of modern weapons and the maps are still small from what I hear. I am honestly waiting for the price to drop before I buy it and become disappointed in my purchase :p

BUT, I would like to see a Pacific Theater of war. Probably a bit late to add one to RO now as was mentioned above. Graphically, COD4 should be good for it. There are many possibilities with a game based in the Pacific:

Jungle battles
Beach landings
Town battles
City battles
Mountain(ous) battles
Naval artillery
American/Japanese/British/Australian/India-Gurka/Dutch (DRECKS where are you!!! :D ) among others
Naval air strikes
Armor
Flamethrowers
Banzai charges
and probably a few more things that are 'available'

Honestly, they could really have a hit with something that was done RIGHT (not like MOH Pacific Assault). Of course, they could really blow it too.

My prediction: In the end, it will look really good and there will be a few novelties that are really neat. But ultimately by my standards (RO standards) it will fall short. IW will still be hitting the 'teenage console crowd' market for maximum sales. However, if they decided to do something gameplay-wise between COD and RO, I think they could win big in my eyes.

Just my opinion..... :D

Upvote 0
There are many possibilities with a game based in the Pacific:

Jungle battles
Beach landings
Town battles
City battles
Mountain(ous) battles
Naval artillery
American/Japanese/British/Australian/India-Gurka/Dutch (DRECKS where are you!!! :D ) among others
Naval air strikes
Armor
Flamethrowers
Banzai charges
and probably a few more things that are 'available'

Honestly, they could really have a hit with something that was done RIGHT (not like MOH Pacific Assault). Of course, they could really blow it too.

My prediction: In the end, it will look really good and there will be a few novelties that are really neat. But ultimately by my standards (RO standards) it will fall short. IW will still be hitting the 'teenage console crowd' market for maximum sales. However, if they decided to do something gameplay-wise between COD and RO, I think they could win big in my eyes.

Just my opinion..... :D

hehe, basicaly you pointed out that COD5 will be COD2 with the COD4 engine. only with different enemies and landscapes...
the beach landings, town battles, city battles, mountain battles, naval strikes... strangeley remind me of another game that was also predicted by some to be awesome...

forget it, they are not going to change a winning horse, what you will get is again 300x300 meter maps and fast paced gameplay as usual.

Upvote 0
First of the devs they say are making cod50000 are the same ones who made the console versions no? NO thanks.

Secondly IW has gotten it's last cent from me( I know that doesn't matter), they are just high priced games that offer no spoort and are way to arcadey, even with the Community adding the only realism aspects of the game it still only holds a couple months of gameplay at best. If IW wants my bussiness they will have to go back to the people that saved there first title Ie grey matter and even then I think I would be sceptical.

Upvote 0
Yes, cuz war shooters can't have innovations. It's just impossible. Also, RO wasn't revolutionary with their lame ironsights, lame easterfront gameplay and overdone bayonets.
Yes RO totally revolutionized the FPS-genre with it's ironsights which have never been there before(except for cod, h&d, ofp, vc, ...), the easternfront setting(just look at how many games set there we have now) and bayonets(lol).

Last edited:
Upvote 0