• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

The Forgotten Hope forums recently discussed about a Juno Beach map, I hope that is next on your agenda :) - http://forums.filefront.com/fh2-sug...ndy-map-would-you-like-appear-most-fh2-2.html

IMGP4529.JPG.jpg

IMGP4531.JPG.jpg

IMGP4533.JPG.jpg

IMGP4535.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to suggest some great ambient sounds for darkest hour,please don't use the same(stock )sounds(which doesn't mean they are bad of course,but we heard them already so much).I like the brutal ambient sounds from the original dod very much,check this out,just amazingly atmospheric:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHgVCEG8H60

totally missed be me. wish that crosshair stayed too.

Upvote 0
Fuhrer Cool said:
Can't wait, so excited! By any chance, will there be a possibility of engine
failure, like the King Tiger's?

Would not really make sense since none of the tanks in game have the possibility of breaking down. We would need a map much bigger than the biggest map in Ro in order for the Tiger II to start having issues (if the crew is inexperienced and pushes the engine, possbily 10 to 20 times + bigger than RO-Orel or RO-KrivoiRog) Many tanks like the Pershing and IS-2 had the tendency to break down but it seems most ww2 literature ignores many of the issues of other vehicles and focuses predominately on the Tiger II's possible issues. Remember that German tank crews usually took care of their vehicles for example there were more King Tigers in operational service (in late 1944) than the much more common and techincally more reliable Panther tank and almost as many as the Panzer IV. Basically with regular matainence the Tiger II was as good as any other tank this is true for every vehicle without matainece every vehicle would break down!

There is a lot of Tiger II literature written by Thomas Jentz on the subject

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be impossible to map a map of that magnitude in RO and even if it were possible would people play it? Thats my point the Tiger II breaking down on the distances currently modeled in game is just redicuolus it would be like modeling a car to get a flat tire everytime you take it for a spin (less than 3 miles).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just for the record DH isn't making a map of that size (not even sure if its possible)...just before any rumours get stared :rolleyes:
My god, why would anyone want to even play RO on a map that ridiculously big... you'd need a 2000 player server (at least) just to make it a somewhat believable experience.... the list could go on lol.

Lets do it.

Upvote 0
For the people here that say DH should be integrated into RO, could this be featured in an update for a future RO if TW decided to continue working on the Eastern Front as thier next project and include shared intros, loading screens, etc from the other mods ? If DH2, MN2, RO2 and CC2 become as one would their be a new single name for it ?

Upvote 0