• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Release Update Part 3: Rule Britannia!

Please Read:
ok lets clear a few things up... firstly can everyone who is posting comments about the lastbattle/soviasky map please read my posts before they post about it.

A Note On DH Content:
ALL DH CONTENT i.e. player models, weapons etc, that has been released is original! The map the british infantry is pictured on is Soviasky made for RO by Joeminator but donated to DH many months ago. We have been using it for testing purposes but in the meantime we have made several small changes and we may re-release it (as joeminator has approved) for DH when DH is released. To say we are lying about original content because a mapper who made a map for RO used a building from RO is a ridiculous. Following this logic there are no original custom maps or mods because everything uses RO as a base. Yes DH will use textures, static meshes and even a couple of buildings from RO but it is still original.

therefore @ yankee if you have a problem with lastbattle/soviasky you have a problem with the custom map for RO not DH. We never released a media page for soviasky or last battle claiming for it to be ours we only ever used it to show off new content in game.

Units in DH:
Ok onto to the US helmets and DH units in general. Whenever we make a new player or tank model for DH we make sure that we texture the unit that was really at that battle. So for example for Omaha beach we will have the 29th Infantry, 2nd Rangers and 7th Naval Beach Battalion. Therefore unit markings will be correct (along with rank insignia) for which ever unit is playing the map, including helmet markings). I Think in total so far we probably have 20 or so different Allied units that can be selected by the DH team or custom mappers. This also applies (much like RO) to the ammo pouches and helmets the player gets. People carrying an SMG like the Thompson will wear the correct ammo pouches but we have also tried to introduce unit variety with headwear etc (hence the British MkIII helmets and MkII helmets both being in game with a spawn ratio between the two).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the DH team is making a "MOB" last i heard ........ for RO ........you have too start somewhere, so I'm like Psycho-sam "who cares" ........ the mod is for the western front, so are they suppose to redesign the german stuff also ........ people scream about "needing" more mods, maps, etc., ......... well, your are about to receive them and you guys complain,

you guys should be sending them thanks, or donations, or applying yourselfs to their forum/team to give your "EXPERT" knowledge to support there effort, ...... but NO ..... you point fingers like two year olds, just from looking at a few pictures, and never even been in the game or map ........

i will hush and just read .........

Upvote 0
As stated, the content looks wonderful. And I also agree, don't be so quick to criticize something, especially if you don't know the full story (ie the donated content above). We have mod teams, in this particular case, the DH team, working hard together to bring us players something new. At the very least, show them some courtesy/respect for putting in some very long hours for this.

If you must criticize, do it with the intent that it could lead to further improvements....my opinion. That applies for any mod team or mapper bring us something new

Upvote 0
a futher note:

New Axis Content:
For DH release 1 we have focussed on getting the allied stuff in game currently we have 3 new axis peices of content in game: The pak 43 (already released as a contribution from DH via the AHZ pack), the Fg42 and the Opel Blitz. If things go smoothly we may be able to bring you at least 1 new Axis player model and 1 new Axis tank before release 1. If not they will go into a patch which will follow the initial release. We hope to add more content for the axis including new player models, sounds and armour during our support and patch phase after DH release 1.

Upvote 0
Sorry, to say so but I think its a lie. On the first screen its quite obvious that your "mapper" copied the complete trainstation from basovka and just added some new textures.
You may have the permission from the mapper but imo its rather lame if you're saying everything else is custom-made.

Please if you dont have something constructive to say don't say anything at all. as we have stated before, yes we are using stuff of the sovisky- or last battle maps as you call it, but we plan to add our own static meshes and re configure it to fit our needs . . end of rant. . case closed

Upvote 0
Idea: Stop complaining about a map for a mod that isn't released yet, m'kay? M'kay.

Well, I see your point, but you have to remember that these are publicly posted media shots that are here for a reason. If the mod team decides to release them on a public forum then they shouldn't be surprised when people comment about what they see. Expect criticism, but as Moe said, it should at least be constructive. :)

Upvote 0