• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Potentially Perfect RO Controller $60

I don't think this would suit RO especially well, because there isn't really need for those extra axis in the game. But I think it would be interesting if such features would be integrated into games more in the future. Mouse look has been around for over 10 years now and there has been little development, I think giving more control wouldn't hurt but would make the game more immersive.

Upvote 0
I'm not a marketing guy for this company. Yet, the cynic in me approves of your concern. This controller could be as useful as the SpaceOrb was for Descent (if you remember). The issue is a cheap 6DOF controller with no direct application support. Maybe Direct X with their 3D API control, but I think Vista is a long way from usable for gaming (& I'm a long term M$ shareholder).

My years of flight simulation have made me a bit obsessive when it comes to controllers.

This would not replace your mouse but rather your control for your left hand. I use a Microsoft Strategic Commander for the WASD plus other commands for my left hand. I've never been satisfied with the button press movement control.

Envision your left hand simultaneously controlling your WASD with stance and lean intuitively added. That's what got me interested.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The N-52 makes it easier to key your movements and actions, and combined with something like the Logitech MXX518 gaming mouse, it works very nicely. Especially as you can program it for 3 different setups in a particular game, so I can have an Infantry specific layout and a vehicle specific layout if I so desire.

Upvote 0