• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

I hope they improve the shooting, i never liked that in GTA3 or Vice City.
Didnt play SA cause i didnt like the setting.
It was already vastly improved for SA. The main difference is in the console versions where in GTA3 and VC you can only use a button to auto-aim and you couldn't even aim manually if you wanted to (except for some weapons like the rocket launcher, the sniper and a few assault rifles) which feels strange and plays shoddy. In SA you have standard third-person shooter controls. Works very well already.

Don't expect them to turn it into something realistic anyways!

Upvote 0
IGN has a new preview with new shots up!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/863/863435p1.html

NINE PAGES!

OXM has a massive preview in the May 2008 issue as well, mostly about GTA4's multiplayer. Included is a number of art pieces, one of which contains a cellphone with "Roman"'s number clearly displayed. It seems as though the number may not be a viral phone number for GTA4, but a real number used by a real foreigner in New York... So I won't be posting it here.

Upvote 0
GTA IV is probably my most anticipated game ever, I'm so confident in it that I've pre-ordered it along with the strategy guide. I don't intend to cheat my way through but having the guide for San Andreas was pretty handy in or out of missions.

The only other big title I can remember pre-ordering in recent years is Halo 3, because I knew of the fun I'd had with Halo 2 multiplayer and didn't want to miss out on playing with friends or people on Live. However I was nowhere near as excited as I am about GTA IV, the hype is more subtle than Halo 3 but that's because any casual-hardcore gamer already knows this should be the game of 2008.

Upvote 0
I'm still thinking if I should get it on my 360 or wait for the PC version.
Get it for the console.

I'm playing Vice City Stories on my PS2 these days and I forgot the joys of the console controller, epecially the rumble feature, gives the game a 'complete' feeling.

And on a sidenote, if you're a GTA fan, don't miss out on Vice City Stories.
Looks better than San Andreas did on PS2 and it's a not a cheap episode.
It can definitely be labelled as a full GTA title since the city is way better than it was in the original - especially draw distance which is kinda crazy for a PS2 game.

Upvote 0
Get it for the console.

I'm playing Vice City Stories on my PS2 these days and I forgot the joys of the console controller, epecially the rumble feature, gives the game a 'complete' feeling.

And on a sidenote, if you're a GTA fan, don't miss out on Vice City Stories.
Looks better than San Andreas did on PS2 and it's a not a cheap episode.
It can definitely be labelled as a full GTA title since the city is way better than it was in the original - especially draw distance which is kinda crazy for a PS2 game.
Played it on my mates psp last night. Was actually rather impressed with it, was thinking about getting a ps2 on the cheap for it, oh, and for metal gear 3.

Upvote 0
GTA4_Behind_Enemy_lines_trailer_01.jpg

Coincidence?

Upvote 0