• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Since when can't the community give feedback about patches?

Monstar

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2006
Two threads have been made voicing opinions and initiating votes against the new buddy list. One was deleted one was locked.

Where is it against the rules of this forum to post one's opinion of RO content in a positive and polite manner?

Not only that, but these threads are being deleted and locked without any logical reason given.

The threads are being closed because there isn't a chance of the in-games buddy list coming back - period. It was tied to our old master server system, and will not function with the new system. You can easily add your buddies through Steam friends and connect with them that way (and yes you can do it in game with Steam community). When you are on a server just bring up the list of players in the Steam community overlay, and add them to your friends. Bingo, your good to go.

Reactions: Case and UncleDrax
Upvote 0
at least we can use the steam server list to look for RO servers, which is quite handy. I personally didn't use the buddy list alot so I don't really miss it but I can imagine other people did use it often. Also, we are just guests on this forum, the admins can set their own rules. If they don't want you to say bad things about their decisions I can cope with that.

Upvote 0
Here we go. The steam buddie list is clumsy at best never liked it, never will use it. The responses from the dev's on the board has left many with a pretty sour taste in their mouth. RO has a pretty loyal fanbase where our opinon and input should matter more than the distribution company. I, myself hope the next tripwire project is distributed in a more traditional manner or at least a direct download from TW. If not many people will probably watch it collect dust on the shelf. Don't get me wrong I love RO but it will be a lot less functional for me now. As for user input please don't follow Flying Labs example of not listening to their fan base. There severs are pretty much empty after 4 months since release do to their holier than though attitude.
Just my two cents if any dev wants to discuss this please send me an email I'll send you my phone number.

Upvote 0
Copied my response from another thread:

Its pretty ridiculous to rant about the buddy list at this point. We get it, you wish it would come back, but there is no chance that it will. Over time you'll find that you've gained a lot more than you've lost. Switching over to the Steam master server was the best thing for the game and for Tripwire at this point. And the buddy list was tied to the old server browser. The old master server was buggy, time consuming, and expensive to host. And Tripwire is not a huge company with vast resources. It is quite possible that there would have come a time that the old master server would have to be brought down completely. Then there would not only be no buddy list, but no RO matchmaking period. This way there will be a matchmaking for RO for the foreseeable future. And to us that was FAR more important than any buddy list. Give Steam friends/community a chance. Not it doesn't do everything the buddy list did, but it does do many other things.

Upvote 0