• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: Januari Update!

The lighting is still quite WIP, but good for noticing. ;) I've got them all in a Group so I can just select that and then use some good ol' AmbientBrightness on them if I need to. You only need to use SpecialLit if the static mesh needs to go darker (in which case that's one of the only ways you can do it, but I'm pretty sure UE3 fixes that).

Maybe next update you guys will get to see the other map I'm working on (yeah, I have no life, sue me). :p

...or just put scaleglow to somewhere under 1. That way you can make smeshes darker without special lit tag. Just a note though, the smesh doesn't turn darker the moment you adjust the scaleglow, you have to rebuild lighting first. :)

And yea, UE 3 is quite awesome when it comes to lighting, you have loads of lighting channels for everything.

Upvote 0
...or just put scaleglow to somewhere under 1. That way you can make smeshes darker without special lit tag. Just a note though, the smesh doesn't turn darker the moment you adjust the scaleglow, you have to rebuild lighting first. :)

And yea, UE 3 is quite awesome when it comes to lighting, you have loads of lighting channels for everything.

Gah, yeah I wasn't thinking. Of course it's ScaleGlow and not SpecialLit, doh. :eek:

Upvote 0
Maybe next update you guys will get to see the other map I'm working on (yeah, I have no life, sue me). :p

Pah, I only will sue you for not making overhead map :p

/wishlist next time we want to see Romanians and Germans shoulder to shoulder on that Ardon map and/or ingame video footage.

Or is CC vaporware :rolleyes:

And btw good job as always :cool:

Upvote 0
ardon looks top- was taken aback as it looks like a WIP map i have but left alone around the time of krivog's release.
mine is also set at the foothills of the carpathians and if i get back to it i hope it turns out looking something like this - it's the kind of effect i was going for as well, and it looks to be acheived brilliantly here.
If only i could set my sights on doing one thing at a time...
btw - how large is this map?

Upvote 0
It's reallly really large and it is set in the Caucasus, not the Carpathians.

I also have to say that I really doubt your map is all that similar to it...I can tell you that there is not any map around at the moment which even slightly resembles it. I will say no more but you can rest assured that the Gup has been busy a very busy Gup indeed.

Upvote 0
It's reallly really large and it is set in the Caucasus, not the Carpathians.

I also have to say that I really doubt your map is all that similar to it...I can tell you that there is not any map around at the moment which even slightly resembles it....

I can assure you theres none that vaguely resemble mine either- i'm sure ours are very different too, thou not bothered if they aren't, but I just wanted to get my comment in for the record, as i'm sure this will see the light of day before mine....

Upvote 0