• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

Just finished a trial version of my second mission, called Fire in the mist...
It requires the XAM 1.4 mod. If someone uses XAM lite, please let me know if it works with that version of the mod as well, cause currently it's untested!

This time around it comes with a briefing, but i cant get the overview picture to work.
Feedback is appreciated :)

http://files.filefront.com/Fire+in+the+mistrar/;9821764;/fileinfo.html

Upvote 0
Can someone post a screenshot that proves ArmA is avaible on staem? :confused: I have the suspicion that this game is only avaiable for US citziens (aka IPs), I don't the see the game anywheere ...

(Yeah, I have it already but it would be nice to register it at steam)
All Atari games are (presently) only for NA. Dunno if that'll change. You can blame Atari for this.

Though, I don't think you could register your copy within Steam anyway, a lot of games cannot be used like that.

Upvote 0
This time around it comes with a briefing, but i cant get the overview picture to work.
Feedback is appreciated :)

I take it you know what the limits are so...
When you create your overview file save it in your mission folder.
Do not close the program. Load your image into the mission folder and then close ArmAEdit, save when asked.

Start the game editor and charge up your mission and save while playing.
Abort mission and then export as single player mission straight away.
Just for good measure I preview one more time before quitting the game editor.
Go straight into the single player mission, if you have luck on your side it will show up.
Two messages as a rule, "can't find blabla bla or blabla bla is 2

Upvote 0
I just want to say that I've gotten a 8800 GTX, and uh, ArmA is a lot more fun now. Things like leaning happen instantly, which means your actions seems crisper, and it'll probably save my life a lot. Driving the cars is more fun too--I still hope someone's coming up with an F1 cars mod so we can race around the map.

I can't tell if making any of the visual settings go above Normal does anything--anyone know about that?

Upvote 0
Btw SiC, how good is your German? Because there are atleast two really good manuals for the ArmA editor but they never got translated as far as I know.

EDIT:Your mission doesn't work because the file Ska_JAM is missing ... dunno why it doesn't work maybe because I have an outdated version of XAM

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Btw SiC, how good is your German? Because there are atleast two really good manuals for the ArmA editor but they never got translated as far as I know.

EDIT:Your mission doesn't work because the file Ska_JAM is missing ... dunno why it doesn't work maybe because I have an outdated version of XAM

Oh, weird.. I could send it to you though if you want.

Upvote 0
Remove the entries for "Ska_JAM" from addons[] and addonsAuto[] in mission.sqm and it will work (btw isnt that file for some of Skavens works? as in not XAM)
also you might want to use 6th sence editor update instead of that one you're using atm as the 6th sence one dosent require the user to have the addon or you could make a note that editorupdate102 is requierd

Upvote 0