• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

I might join you tonight if thats cool, im getting sick of evo and miss my OFP coop days.

Forgive me if I'm wrong PVT.pile, did I not see you playing with Dwarden last Saturday ?
You may also tell me to mind my own business, I will not be offended.

Phanakes, did you suppress any previous Beta folder before installing the 1.09b ?
Also do not use a Desktop link and disable material acceleration in the sound options if you have an Audigy sound card.
A lot if not all are having problems because of this...

Upvote 0
Has anybody an idea how to start Queen's Gambit with the Beta patch?

And it looks like there is going to be another beta patch before the final patch :/
You don't need to 'start it', QG just installs new content you don't run it. All you do is run the Arma beta patch shortcut as per normal and the QG content will be there (eg. Royal Flush and Ramadi Conflict campaigns).

Upvote 0
change the shortcut to have -mod=DB1;beta

Could not get that to work so I just copied The DB1 campaign and add-ons to the ArmA campaign & add-ons folders.
I'm pretty sure thats not a clever thing to do but it works with the beta patch and I've all the islands and whatnot in the editor.

I just threw in a X-FI gamer sound card in my machine and that has defiantly given a boost to the game.

RIP Audigy2.
Long live X-FI Gamer.

Upvote 0
Yep, hang about, I'll just go and fish it out of the bin....

nteractive\ArmA\arma.exe" -beta=mod=DB1;beta

Is that right ?

Anyhow I spend all my time in the editor at the moment.
Got to be the best bot pathing program ever :D.

Let me know if something is amiss.
Thanks...51...

To use mods, you have to use the "@" method.

The best (cleanest) way to install mods is to place a directory in your ArmA folder, like "@XAM1.4" for example. To use these mods, simply add "-mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3" etc to your shortcut.

Here's the shortcut to my 1.09 beta launcher:

\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=@AACFSOUND;@RFU;@Mapfact;beta

Using three mods there, y'see? It's very simple. :D

Upvote 0
Thanks Nimsky thats fine but I was just wanting to launch QG with the 1.09b and I couldn't get it to work so I threw the whole bloody lot in to the main ArmA campaign and addon folders and it seems to work.

I'll find that out the next time I join a server and it will probably say : 51 is running that and 51 is running this and 51 is running all the mods out there blah blah blah...

QG was running pretty bad with 1.8 now its fine (so to speak).

Now if only the bots would do what I want them to in the editor I would be a happy man.

Thanks...

Upvote 0