• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stop jumping out before my round hits you!

Ever had that one tank that heres your shot and jumps out of the tank as your round is in progress of getting to his tank?

This has happened to me COUNTLESS times and is unacceptable!

maybe you could make it random, like a different animation for each "Bailing out" sequence.

I'm suggesting that when you press the use key while in the tank, you have to repeatedly press the use key, so your character climbs out faster. If you just press the key once he calmly climbs out. (still at a fast pace)

And make it the same for getting IN the tank. your character has to climb up the hull to get up top open the hatch. The driver has to open the hull hatch and climb in.

I think this would add a lot of action to the game, Especially in maps like Leningrad, and Arad.

Or would this cost too much FPS and Latency?

I just thought it would be another feature to make RO More "Unique".

Would it not be easier to just slow down the animation after any crew member enters/exits?
as if they had been hit in leg while running: slows you down
so if the transition from in to outside were just slower, then (as closer to real life) people would choose wisely before exiting with infantry around

and if while exiting they re hit the exit key, then they would simply reverse the elapsed time spent to return to their seat in tank.

some of the internal animations in tanks (like is2 turret hatch) take longer than the exit key !

Anyway theres my two cents worth.

Cheers Denis

Upvote 0
yes. That would help things a lot. but I still think having the tank crew climb into the tank would be cool. Maybe have a possibility of the tank crew being shot. I know it sounds like a bing deal but look at it this way- thats why you have to stay with the infantry!

well, the tank commander was known to use the gun ports and even open the hatch, spray the area down with an mp40 or toss grenades all around his tank................and yes theres one video on youtube that was on kursk-orel that shows this very well...............of course it was a german propaganda/training film...........but

Upvote 0