• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Feb Press Release!

Man, truly outstanding work once again guys. Those player models are FANTASTIC. That's the hardest thing for games or mods to get down right, and you guys have consistently it it right on the money.

Ever since RO's mod years have I been wanting a game to do the western front with the "RO Treatment"... looks like I'll finally get my chance!

Upvote 0
Out of interest - did Brits etc. ever get issued with Garand rifles or Thompsons in W Europe? I have a feeling at some point they did trials with the M1 but found they could achieve an equally high accurate ROF bolting their enfields - can anyone shed light on this?
Don't think any garands where issued, I guess the US needed all the garands they could get. There were some thompsons in western europe, but these were probably troops not wanting to swap them for a sten gun after the African campaign. Again, the us had to stop selling them to the brits because they needed to equip their own army.

Upvote 0
One question for you Aeneas -- why don't you guys update your front page? If it wasn't for the RO forums, I would have NO IDEA that this mod was so close to release as it actually is. I mean, the newest update on the site page is from October... no mention of beta testing, and none of the later press releases.

Am I missing something? Is there some updated website in some hidden magical land that I am not aware of?

Upvote 0
unfortunately the two guys who were our webmasters seemed to have dissapeared, we only got the pwords etc off them a week or so ago. I have been trying to recruit someone for a while to do it but everyone i get in seems to never follow through on their promises. It's a pain because im constantly sending out messages to people that the mod isn't dead. All it requires is someone with a decent knowledge of html. Thanks for bringing this up in a more public area though hopefully now we will get some responses...hope Resistance & Liberation is going well.

Upvote 0
One question for you Aeneas -- why don't you guys update your front page? If it wasn't for the RO forums, I would have NO IDEA that this mod was so close to release as it actually is. I mean, the newest update on the site page is from October... no mention of beta testing, and none of the later press releases.

Am I missing something? Is there some updated website in some hidden magical land that I am not aware of?

It was a lack of communication from the website crew who aren't around very much. Myself being one of them :eek:

We are planning on moving over to a new Joomla site and work had commenced a few months back. However it seems to have stalled for the time being. However the old site hadn't been updated as certain people weren't made aware of the stalled progress :rolleyes:

I'll be making temp updates to the old site now I know over the next few days and will continue to do so until our new site is ready to go

Don't worry I've been stripped and flogged by Aeneas in person :D

Upvote 0
It was a lack of communication from the website crew who aren't around very much. Myself being one of them :eek:

We are planning on moving over to a new Joomla site and work had commenced a few months back. However it seems to have stalled for the time being. However the old site hadn't been updated as certain people weren't made aware of the stalled progress :rolleyes:

I'll be making temp updates to the old site now I know over the next few days and will continue to do so until our new site is ready to go

Don't worry I've been stripped and flogged by Aeneas in person :D
Well, to be completely honest, there is no reason at all why you guys should be letting this happen... it's been since October! It's kind of a kick in the face that all the hard work you've done on this project is kind of evaporating because many people don't know about any of it.

I think even if you just posted LINKS on your front page to these forum posts, and explained that you have been having technical problems, then that would work fine. A temporary site with links and an explanation would be better than nothing.

I'm not meaning to sound like a prick or anything like that, guys, it's just that I love what your doing with your game enough that it kills me to see it not get the kind of publicity it deserves!

Upvote 0
it wasn't so much that harvey wasn't around it was that the one guy who had all the password actually dissapeared (not harvey someone else)...so even posting a link on the frontpage was impossible. We have since changed all the pwords and we are now workin on a new look site.

p.s. harv i stip you and flog you all the time, you dont need to make it public knowledge what wud ur gf think?

Upvote 0