• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 4

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
Alright so I didn't see a thread on this... is this game worth it? I'm not so much interested in the SP because although I'm sure it's exciting etc. I've heard it's quite short and I know it's linear... but on the MP portion is it as good as I hear it is, from a RO player's perspective?

My dad bought it for me, for some odd reason I can't understand.. I wish he discussed the gifts before buying them, in any case.. :D

The Singleplayer portion is sort of cool, albeit short, and it still feels like the old CoD games, just in a new shining coat, nothing much has changed gameplay-wise there :p But there are quite a few cool levels you get to play, and the characters are interesting.

I only played Multiplayer once or twice, and probloby haven't played all modes or whatever, but too me it seemed like crazy fast spawning and just running around shooting people, not really any use for flashbangs/nades :p

More often than not people found some just camped on cerrtain areas of the map picking of people trying to pass

Upvote 0
Best singleplayer I've played.

However, the multiplayer is erratically fast twitch run n gun based.
If you enjoy RO and teamwork and realism type play COD4 MP is maybe not the thing for you.

I've tried to like the MP....as an occasional change of pace.......occasional being the key word :)and it does have some neat candy attached but as a primary for teamwork and self satisfaction game nothing beats RO.

Upvote 0
Singleplay is short but sweet (although the infinitely respawning enemies are annoying). Multiplayer is good to very good. The perks and custom classes etc actually brings a slight RPG side to it, and you can change your settings to your style of play, which is great. And that's basically it. Just a fun FPS which does a lot of things exceptionally well.

There's a multiplayer mode called "Hardcore" which disables crosshairs and increases damage etc, and you'll actually end up with a cleaner HUD than RO's.:eek: I thought I'd get owned online, being used to realism and all, but I'm getting pretty good. Favourite game mode is "Search And Destroy", which gives you no respawns.

CoD4 is my main game these days, together with ArmA (after all, realism all the time gets tiring). But I'm PISSED about my entire profile getting wiped.:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad: Now I have to start all over again. :(

To all CoD4 players here: BACKUP YOUR PROFILE, EVERY TIME YOU FINISH PLAYING.

Upvote 0
CoD4 is my main game these days, together with ArmA (after all, realism all the time gets tiring). But I'm PISSED about my entire profile getting wiped.:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad: Now I have to start all over again. :(

To all CoD4 players here: BACKUP YOUR PROFILE, EVERY TIME YOU FINISH PLAYING.

True. I was Rank 55 but then windows decided to **** up and gave me a blue screen everytime i wanted to boot. So I reinstalled windows and CoD decided to reset my profile.:mad:

Upvote 0
.....is it as good as I hear it is, from a RO player's perspective?
To answer your question....No. Not by a longshot.

That does not mean you may not find the ranks, unlocks, perks, hopping, matchbox sized maps, etc. fun. But in no way shape or form does it resemble RO or any facet of its gameplay, imo. It is just CoD revisited, only this time on steroids and in the 21st century.

Floyd

Upvote 0
I thoroughly enjoy COD4. I play it all the time with my friends online.

I try to stay away from Deathmatch or TDM (if there are more than 8 people) because it just becomes a rape-fest. I much prefer the objective-based modes.

Some of the maps are a little small and the helicopter is annoying as sin (needs a nerf or something), but all in all it's a great multiplayer experience.

I tried it on the 360 and hated it. PC version all the way.

Upvote 0
Tell you what, if you liked the other CoD's, and you like modern guns, its pretty much that from what i have played, CoD with modern guns and a few new things, the gameplay is a little more "spammy" since most everyone has an assault rifle instead of a mix of SMG's and rifles, but its CoD allright, no less and no more.

But if you didn't like the previous CoD's, or if you are expecting it to be more like RO in terms of pace and realism, then you wont like it, because it's not at all like RO, its much faster paced, much more a "twitch shooter" than a tactical game.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0