• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Pavlov's House

"When" in the battle for the house do you want this to be, early, mid, or late? That can guide you in the amount of destruction or at least provide a guideline, because there are no rules, as we learned in "Pirates of the Caribbean".
this is tue I can set it to whatever I want it to be I guess, more depends on gameplay I suppose. Does anyone know the temps during the battle I think I heard really cold currently temp is set at 20. Also no word on whether I should make a Brown cold weather Russian uniform. This would add an additional item to the maps package which I hoped to avoid. Thanks

Upvote 0
The map is playable but i am still working on some things. Looking for input.

What do you think about a HT along with the stug3b?
Initially i thought no AT guns but I may put in 1 or 2 what is the forums thoughts.
How do you feel about ladders in game in Pavs house there really is not a lot of room to put in stairs in such, laddrs would be an option?
Please discuss.

Upvote 0
My advice would to be not listen too much to us on the forums, too many cooks and all that. You should have a clear vision of how you want the map to play, and then try and make it work.

Well good point, but I do like to please basically my question was that do the ladders without climbing animations make you lose the feel in a map you know. Adding a Random AT gun may be kind of cool. I thought I was close to release but I found a lot of new things that I want to add to make it better. Anyways back to work. Thanks for your input.
@trendkill: No offense, I didnt create the buildings and I am far enough along that I am not going to recreate them. but I think all will be well. there are some stairs but I thought about putting in some ladders between some floors like Pavs would have really been.

Upvote 0
Steps are vital and there should be at least one set in the center of the building unless you have floor plans that show where they were. A last resort could be a ladder here and there but not in place of stairs. Make alterations as necessary...make the stairs as narrow as you can without mucking up players.

One Stug, one random AT would be enough, one ATR. If the ATR guy stays in the upper levels, he should wreck havoc. Give the Stug two exits from his spawn so that he is not forced up the same street each time, think TractorWorks and the second German spawn. Three or four random spots for the AT gun would be good...make nice cover and if possible put it in places where it is fairly dark and hard to spot. Force the infantry to help clear the gun etc. and allow it to have that first ambush shot.

Looking forward to seeing this!

Upvote 0
from my research when was doing this map :p , i think many sources showed that there was 1 AT gun used. i think it was inside pavlovs house, or possibly in the small building south of the house.

btw, is the building still my original building? with a staircase that ends wrong on the upper level? i was stuck there, not knowing how to make the stairs fit.
could we possibly get some screens??

Upvote 0
from my research when was doing this map :p , i think many sources showed that there was 1 AT gun used. i think it was inside pavlovs house, or possibly in the small building south of the house.

btw, is the building still my original building? with a staircase that ends wrong on the upper level? i was stuck there, not knowing how to make the stairs fit.
could we possibly get some screens??

From what I have read I thought that what they said was that the AT Gun was stored there in that building. I fixed that previous stair issue andn now I am looking at further stairs I have had to make a few modifications here and there. Zobs is a bit different as it is much harder to zone. I am really close to being done but I would like for bots to be done first which should be simple except I am a novice at it. My intent was to get those running so that i could make some Youtube vids for the preview.

@slyk most of what you say here is already done. with the AT gun except we also have two PTRDs since the AT only spawns once. In light of Schutzes comment I may make an emplacement in the back in the warehouse building or another area that i have been thinking about.

Upvote 0
Here's a good book to read through for some more accuracy in your defence construction. :cool:

f963a9b44409967993d54e209f6d4b21_full.jpg

Upvote 0

Earlier in this thread the map you posted shows it in the other building:

mappavlov.jpg

apparently they did have 1 AT gun, and it is interesting to note that according to this plan the germans came from all around except the south.​

But Pavlov's own hand-drawn map which Russ Schulke posted does not show it at all.

Upvote 0
Here's a good book to read through for some more accuracy in your defence construction. :cool:

f963a9b44409967993d54e209f6d4b21_full.jpg

thanks Gup I have it and used some stuff from it except that whole throwing furniture in the stairwell part, would kind of hurt the gameplay.
I think that I have about 4 or 5 possible positiions that the AT gun could show up in I have also pulled back one PTRD so there is only one PTRD and one AT gun (with one spawn) I will probably limit the stugs also to like 15 or something. 1 PTRD should be enough his carcass can be pilfered. I should be able to get the last of the statics in and then I will be testing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0