• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

BOUAPBESBMSMBloom is a new exciting way to bring more definition, depth and realism to a video game, Cuddles. If Half Life:Radioactive Lost Cost 2 had BOUAPBESBMSMBloom Gabe Newell would not be able to talk on the commentary due to the amount of orgasms he'd be having. It would be like "Here we used BOUAPBESBMSMBloom to really accentuate the afternoo-OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMYG-G-G-G-G-G-GAAAAAAWWWWWDDDDDD. We think that's pretty cool."

Upvote 0
Anybody planning on buy a console for it?

Already have a PS3, so I'm getting it for that. I'd say buying a PS3 is the best option right now if you want to play newer games. Considering its a lot cheaper than upgrading/buying a new comp, and it already comes with an integrated blu-ray player, its a good deal (presuming you have an HDTV ;)).

Upvote 0
Nah why should i ? There will be a pc version after they milked the console market with it. Through as for a new console i whould need a TV ( dont have any..) thus the whole shizze whould be too much and iam not willing to pay..:D

I buy it as soon as its out for PC....nevertheless any news about the online mode ? I allways thought that a big online game in GTA styler whould rock. Imagine a big city where you can found a gang ( clan whatever, triade ) and fight over territory, *****es, drugs...heheh sweet...and no monthly fee please..:D

Upvote 0
Not buying a console for it, I already have a 360, Wii, and PS3. I was really into gaming even before I recently (last year or two) started gaming on a PC, so I had a 360, and then I started gaming on a PC, and the I bought a Wii because it was cheap and a PS3 because I would die if I didn't have a chance to play MGS4, which was SUPPOSED to come out last December...

Oh, yeah, and I'll be buying the 360 version for episodic content.

Upvote 0
Not buying a console for it, I already have a 360, Wii, and PS3. I was really into gaming even before I recently (last year or two) started gaming on a PC, so I had a 360, and then I started gaming on a PC, and the I bought a Wii because it was cheap and a PS3 because I would die if I didn't have a chance to play MGS4, which was SUPPOSED to come out last December...

Oh, yeah, and I'll be buying the 360 version for episodic content.
You obviously have too much money lol

Upvote 0
Thanks! I rest assured at least some of you know how great R* games are.

Anybody planning on buy a console for it?

Rockstar is one of the few game developers of our time that refuse to give up their integrity for money. Companies like that should be supported and that's why I'm going to buy GTAIV, I know that already. I really enjoyed San Andreas, and considering GTA games have a tendency to get better with every release, GTAIV should be great too. :)

Not going to buy a console for it, I can wait for the PC version.

Upvote 0
gta4p4350.jpg

Just sayin'.

Upvote 0
I am dismayed to hear it has one of those 'push button cover' systems like Gears of War, I really hate those things.
Might mean there'll be some packed crowds in the Manhattan equivalent borough. So it's a positive for me.

And apparently the cover system as in "Gays of War" results no bullet proof vests available in-game....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Might mean there'll be some packed crowds in the Manhattan equivalent borough. So it's a positive for me.

And apparently the cover system as in "Gays of War" results no bullet proof vests available in-game....

That's a shame, personally I think those sorts of systems limit your freedom a lot of the time. I've also never had problems using cover in a game without needing to stick to it or have it pre-defined. I just hope you still have the freedom in combat like you did in GTA:SA, that was perfect, being able to aim crouch and skulk around rolling out/popping up and drilling people.

Upvote 0
That's a shame, personally I think those sorts of systems limit your freedom a lot of the time. I've also never had problems using cover in a game without needing to stick to it or have it pre-defined. I just hope you still have the freedom in combat like you did in GTA:SA, that was perfect, being able to aim crouch and skulk around rolling out/popping up and drilling people.
Agreed. The hand combat looks to be superior to what we've had before and the shooting from the car has been expanded too, giving us a wider angle of action. Also, we're able to throw molotovs and grenades from the car window when driving even at a high speed when in a pursuit for example.

Upvote 0
That preview didn't reveal that much to be honest. It just seems that GTAIV will be more of the same, but better. Which is a good thing.
Yeah but there's like 8 others reviews that each revealed some different things.

Like when you get in a melee fight in the street, bystanders will gather around the fight and start yelling stuff. :D

Upvote 0
Also, we're able to throw molotovs and grenades from the car window when driving even at a high speed when in a pursuit for example.

While GTA does look good, alot of the new stuff they've added has already been shown in games like Saints Row.

The graphics do look a big improvement though, so let's hope the story and gameplay are up to the same standard.

Upvote 0