• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
As far as I know there are no plans to announce at GDC this year, but I'm not "in" on that sort of thing anymore. Believe TWI is there for the usual press meet and greet, tech talk with fellow devs and middleware sellers, and publisher/distributor shopping for games and vice versa where the publishers want to talk to you about their projects (hey sometimes other guys ask you to work on their games as well, known as farming out).

Those are the main purposes of GDC for those who didn't know that. However over the past 2 years it has become more of a place to unveil new games and products as well instead of just the tech talk it originally was.

Upvote 0
"(hey sometimes other guys ask you to work on their games as well, known as farming out)"

so the possibility is that we are waiting for a new game from TW and there is not going to be any, just levels or whatever being made by members from TW in another gamedevelopers game.

(could be a good thing, but TW way of developing is gone get spoiled with other interrests for sure)

if so, why keep us waiting here with no info?
if not, why keep us waiting here with no info?

not having anything to say is the best reason for not saying anything.

so does no info from TW mean >>> nothing is comming?
or are their mouths taped by another developers NDA

questions, questions.........

Upvote 0
As far as I know there are no plans to announce at GDC this year, but I'm not "in" on that sort of thing anymore. Believe TWI is there for the usual press meet and greet, tech talk with fellow devs and middleware sellers, and publisher/distributor shopping for games and vice versa where the publishers want to talk to you about their projects (hey sometimes other guys ask you to work on their games as well, known as farming out).

Those are the main purposes of GDC for those who didn't know that. However over the past 2 years it has become more of a place to unveil new games and products as well instead of just the tech talk it originally was.

Well, when you unveil a new game you unveil new tech also (if the tech isn't already unveiled). To me it makes sense to announce both the game and the engine/tech/whatever.

But UE 3 is old news in that sense.

Upvote 0
so the possibility is that we are waiting for a new game from TW and there is not going to be any, just levels or whatever being made by members from TW in another gamedevelopers game.
---
so does no info from TW mean >>> nothing is comming?
or are their mouths taped by another developers NDA

TBH, TWI would be wasting an UE3 license if they just worked as a sub-contractor for another firm and NOT release a title of their own. If they wanted to just 'work in the biz' they could probably get some pretty good pay from a larger firm. All reasons to release something themselves.

No news just means they are probably busy working on something.. and not ready to unveil it. The simple truth to how PR works is it works best to do something to grab everyone's attention, hold it for a short time, then give them the product. You have to balance the hype-over-time and stuff.. you don't want to put out your title's hype to far in advance of release because you have to worry about CompanyX's 'Age of Awesome' title snatching part of your new fan base before you can sell them your project.
Plus offering a new product that is in the same space (like if RO:Ostfront 2 is the product), it would cannibalize your existing base alittle bit... from a business standpoint, silly to do far in advance.

So guys.. be patience.. in the mean time.. here are some Mods we mod-like people have been working on.. hope you enjoy :]
(well.. by 'here' i mean very soon.. ~10days for MN, and the impression I get is DH and CC are getting close as well!)

(Again I'm with Yoshiro here, I've been out of 'the know' on the TWI inside for a long long time so I'm just speculating based on common knowledge.)

Upvote 0
true, but I think most of us would be happy with even a title tbh.
We still don't know if we are getting another RO game :|
Give us the full PR when its the proper time, but surely letting the community know if the next game is RO2 or not gonna mess up PR or future sales etc?
Or even a statement why they can't tell us it's RO2 or not.

When I speak to people in the community, the most common thing asked is "are they even making RO2?"

I don't know anything bout PR, but I am a potential customer of the new game and even just a sign that we got a new RO game to look forward to at some point in the future would be enough to keep me happy.

The downside of course is, if TWI tell us RO2 is being made, we can expect more posts demanding stuff lol :|

Upvote 0
If it is absolutely killing you and you must know what TWI is doing and as they are not a publically traded company and owe you nothing, may I suggest approaching them with a little venture capital? I'd be willing to bet that they would be willing to negotiate terms if the offer was reasonable.;)
Send money! Lots of it!

Upvote 0
Could we at least know when we are to expect more information?
it's a fact that they are working on a project, as they said many times before. but never used the word "game" i think, but to me there is no doubt that they are working on a game, otherwise they wouldn't tease us like that. it would be extremely cruel!

Upvote 0
If it is Barbarossa, then it is June-December 1941, which means no Tiger, Panther, long-barrel PzIV, MG42, G43, StG44, Panzerfaust, IS-2, T34-85, etc. ... can everybody live without that?
not me :( for me the war only gets interesting after 43, when it started getting gritty, dirty and choatic with 2 well equipped armies facing each other in a mercy-less total war. thats the ostfront for me.
the "good" thing about a game covering a small part of the war would be that this time we might get a complete game. no more concessions on equipment, or hybrid tanks that didn't exist as such (panther is worst example) i only hope personally that this time we will get a game that concentrates more on the late war period.

Upvote 0