• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fistful of Frags - Western HL2 mod

Balance. Ever heard of it?
Tell me why the Lightning Gun in UT2004 is doing more damage per shot than the mini-gun? Because lightnings hurt more?
Most games use a simple, basic balancing method and that is: The slower the rate of fire, the higher the damage per shot (or the deviation: The harder to efficiently to hit people with, the higher the damage per hit). Bolt-action rifles have about the slowest rate of fire except for some true vintage fire-sticks so therefore they deal the most damage per shot in most games.
If the damage level of the other guns is relatively low than bolts just do more and if the damage level is relatively high per se than the bolts and one-shot-killers.

I can't see anything stupid in that unless you project that concept onto real weaponry or onto "realistic" ingame weaponry and it wasn't SiC'Disaster who did that but you.

Upvote 0
Uhm no I never heard of ze balance, wot is it please? Get off your high horse and don't lecture me on balance. The Henry in FoF doesn't represent the Mauser in RO did you even play the ****ing game? And "most games" stick at least to real world ratios when it comes to damage, and that's fine. Or did you ever play a game where a semi-auto Barret "light fifty" was less powerful than a bolt action sniper rifle? And FoF has the balancing pretty right: The Henry is a fast shooting gun with plenty of ammo in the magazine, the Sharp is much closer to what the Mauser is in RO and is one-shot kill. The Henry shouldn't be a one-shot-killer no matter from what angle you look at it (realism or balancing).

And about UT... might be because UT is a SciFi shooter that features not a single existing gun and therefor stays completely credible in its own world?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Get off your high horse
A high horse is extremely handy when fighting trolls.

You didn't complain about SiC's comment because you thought his idea of balancing was off but because you wanted to be a jerk and pick a fight so you constructed a connection to realism. All I did is to point out that balance has nothing to do with realism and that SiC, even though being the realism fanatic he is, can also comment on the balance of a game.

I'm pretty sure he knows that the bolting mechanism doesn't grant +15-24 fire-damage to the weapons...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I posted "balance" but since you were too focused on calling other people stupid you didn't even know what that meant so I explained to you why the argument "They are bolts" does make sense when wanting them to do more damage. If you still don't get it I can't help you.

Well, maybe I could help you but a manner school takes money for that so I'll leave you alone with those problems.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
PASS THE WHISKEY!

Still loving this game. The teamplay elements are nicely done; although I think a 'drop loot' feature would really help the teamplay tactics. The guns, with exception of one, are lovably inaccurate. The insanely small community is still bearable. Melee weapons! Cattle-rustlin' Mr. T voice-over! Stanislav plays FoF :D. Lots of fun gameplay :cool:

Upvote 0
ITT Amerikaner wants ***-

fof_elpaso0005a.JPG

Did the 'kaner try and get John and Alan to lift his ban from these forums, I wonder?

Upvote 0