• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] I am Legend, What Did You All Think?

saw it yesterday, i think its overall a verry good movie.

i didnt read the book, so throughout the entire movie i had absolutely no idea of how this movie could possibly end. and unlike in most movies today the video spoilers didnt give anything away.
the fx of the deserted town are spectacular, only the creatures and the lions were too obviously CGI.
the movie starts slow and almost relaxing, to suddenly explode in the most horrible situation. and there isnt someone who every 5 minutes explains the whole situation to the audience, you need to spot some clues in the movie and use your brains for once.

WARNING SPOILING:

some things i don't understand, that i presume are due to scenario limitations:

why dont the creatures find his house by searching his car wich is parked in front of his house!?!
how did that woman get in and out of manhatten island with her car while the bridges are destroyed?
he could have saved himself at the end by tossing the nade through the hole in the plexiglass window, throughout the movie he seemed eager to survive, but at the end he does everything to get killed.

Upvote 0
saw it yesterday, i think its overall a verry good movie.

i didnt read the book, so throughout the entire movie i had absolutely no idea of how this movie could possibly end. and unlike in most movies today the video spoilers didnt give anything away.
the fx of the deserted town are spectacular, only the creatures and the lions were too obviously CGI.
the movie starts slow and almost relaxing, to suddenly explode in the most horrible situation. and there isnt someone who every 5 minutes explains the whole situation to the audience, you need to spot some clues in the movie and use your brains for once.

WARNING SPOILING:

some things i don't understand, that i presume are due to scenario limitations:

why dont the creatures find his house by searching his car wich is parked in front of his house!?!
how did that woman get in and out of manhatten island with her car while the bridges are destroyed?
he could have saved himself at the end by tossing the nade through the hole in the plexiglass window, throughout the movie he seemed eager to survive, but at the end he does everything to get killed.

yup, I have to agree with that.

Anyway I saw no problem with the computer animated things, seeing as how there where so few humans anyway, so it did not really look "out of place" :)

Upvote 0
I liked it, except for the ending.

That really sums up the movie, allmost everyone is saying exactly that, and i can only echo it aswell.

The plot from the book Aeneas describes about him beeing the last man left on earth, but the only one who has lost his humanity sound really great, why didn't they go for that? thats the kind of ending i wanted to see, definately.

Upvote 0
Wiki has interesting information on an alternative ending. Frankly, I was thinking that that was going to happen more so than what actually transpired in the movie.

The movie was brilliant up until the scene on the dock with the flare. From that point on, the movie wrapped itself up too quickly and departed too much from the atmosphere and pacing the film previously set.

What most impressed me besides the great acting by Smith, was the way the film suggested to you that perhaps all was not as we had previously been led to believe bout these dark seekers. Of course, they decided to completely throw that angle out and go with nonsense.

Upvote 0