• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help for a computer illiterate

squeezer

Feb 6, 2008
I purchased the game yesterday and downloaded it but when I try and play it, I keep getting crashes to desktop or complete reboots of the system. The latest error message I got after a reboot was:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF1C393C BCP3 : EC3C1A14
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Sometimes I get an error message saying I need to delete my redorchestra.ini file to solve the problem. I know my system is old:

AMD 64 Processor 3200+ (2Ghz)
ATI Radeon X300 graphics card
1Gb of RAM

but when the 10 day free trial was out last year, I was able to play the game with no problems at all. Now, having purchased it, I get crashes and reboots every single time. The longest I've last in game is about 10 minutes.

I'm completely computer illiterate so any help anyone can offer feel free to dumb it down as much as you like :eek:

I've followed the Prefetch delete advice, but everytime I load the game there is a new one, so I have to consciously go and delete this each time I log on (which is a real pain).

Any help sorting this out would be really appreciated.

The latest error message is:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1992 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series (6764)
Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your RedOrchestra.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.
History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- HandleBigChange <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Lock <- UViewport::Lock <- UWindowsViewport::Lock <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Arad: Romanian-Hungarian border, 19th September 1944 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
I purchased the game yesterday and downloaded it but when I try and play it, I keep getting crashes to desktop or complete reboots of the system. The latest error message I got after a reboot was:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF1C393C BCP3 : EC3C1A14
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Sometimes I get an error message saying I need to delete my redorchestra.ini file to solve the problem. I know my system is old:

AMD 64 Processor 3200+ (2Ghz)
ATI Radeon X300 graphics card
1Gb of RAM

but when the 10 day free trial was out last year, I was able to play the game with no problems at all. Now, having purchased it, I get crashes and reboots every single time. The longest I've last in game is about 10 minutes.

I'm completely computer illiterate so any help anyone can offer feel free to dumb it down as much as you like :eek:

I've followed the Prefetch delete advice, but everytime I load the game there is a new one, so I have to consciously go and delete this each time I log on (which is a real pain).

Any help sorting this out would be really appreciated.

1.) What's your OS?

2.) Those Bcode's have a very wide range of interpretations. Some include; invalid Registry entries, bad drivers, bad ram, a virus or even a kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compability issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS flash/upgrade).

To get a better understanding on what we are dealing with you will need to look at the 'event viewer'. It may shed some light as to what is causing the problem. To get there; right-click on 'My computer'. Select 'Manage'. Now look on the left hand task pane to look for 'Event Viewer' and double click on it. This will open up the tree. Start by clicking on the 'System'. Look through those logs to your right main window. Generally you'll want to look at the ones with a RED circle with a WHITE cross in it.

Double click on one and it will give you details of that paticular error. Some even will give you a link to investigate further on it.

I could sit here all night and give you options but let's just start here. Good luck

**EDIT**

I just seen you last post. One thing that looks suspicious is your RO build. I believe we are using the 1066 build. You may want to update your RO files VIA steam main window. Try checking for a updated G-Card drivers.

Upvote 0
Psychological Warfare,

Thanks for taking the time to help. Firstly, my OS is XP. Looking through the logs, the only ones listed are a "System Error" with the following information:

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf1c393c, parameter3 ba5afa14, parameter4 00000000.

With the Data listed as

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 38 1000008
0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 63 30 eters c0
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 35 2c 20 000005,
0038: 62 66 31 63 33 39 33 63 bf1c393c
0040: 2c 20 62 61 35 61 66 61 , ba5afa
0048: 31 34 2c 20 30 30 30 30 14, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

The thing is, this is under System and is not replicated anywhere else. Also, there are only three of these faults listed, yet, I've been trying different things with RO all day and have had way more than three meltdowns.

As updating RO via Steam: Under the My Games Menu, I can see the game and a column for updates, but there is none there. Right clicking and selecting properties for the game, it has "always keep this game up to date" selected. When I click on view update history, it takes me to a list of all the updates, the latest being Aug 29 2007. I have not installed any updates on the game manually - I just d/loaded the game last night and have tried to play it today. Do all the RO updates listed on the site need to be installed?

I have installed the latest G-C driver but to no avail.

Thanks again for your help - I hope I've given you something to work with here

Upvote 0
If you downloaded, your game should be up to date but do this just for good measure.
Open Steam, go to My Games, right click on the RO icon/properties/local game files/verify integrity of game files.
Steam will update if necessary.

Which video mode are you using within the game settings?

Adjust your text size please, old buggers like me have trouble finding their glasses early in the morning.:cool:

Upvote 0
fiftyone

Many thanks. I have tried to verify files several times but to no avail. As for text size - my bad... :eek: I'm not quite sure about video modes so if there is a readme or some kind soul can explain, it would be appreciated (I can't emphasis enough - I'm utterly useless with computers and computer terminology).

As for Psychological_Warfare - I've tried twice to answer your post, but both times it tells me it needs to be verified by a moderator and has yet to show up. I've not ignored your advice - it's just not been "verified" yet! (assuming this reply gets through before my first ones)

Upvote 0
If you have not found a solution as of yet I would suggest the following, because you have already installed the game in a certain manner with the free trial...

Open Steam, go to My Games, click on the RO icon, choose "delete game content", this will take the game (in theory) of of your HD.
Reboot your computer.

Go to Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common, if there is anything related to RO, delete.
Step back to the main Steam folder and look for the "client registry blob" file, delete this file.
Reboot the computer.

Start Steam, you may have to enter your Steam password and all, Steam will update, its self...
Go to "activate a game that I already own" and enter the activation N

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0
The only number I got when I purchased the game was a confirmation code. I kept all the emails and screenshots of payment and download details and I have no activation code.

I know the answer is probably staring me in the face, so thanks for your patience. But until I can find an activation no (or find someone to ask about getting one), I'm loathe to uninstall the game and try your suggestion incase I loose it altogether and waste my money.

Upvote 0
squeezer,

Each time your computer restarts itself, assuming it shows a bluescreen first, it should put an error memory "dump" into a folder inside your windows directory. These logs should contain information that will pinpoint what is causing the errors. If you browse to c:\windows\minidump you should find some files there called "minidumpxxxxxx". If you sort them by date and attach the last 5 or so here I will have a look at them and try to tell you what is causing the reboots.

Upvote 0
Morello,

There is no blue screen and only sometimes is there an error message on reboot. I'll be playing, the next thing I know I'm watching the computer reboot. The game is fully updated and has been re-installed and verified to no avail. G-Card drivers are up to date and all systems on check are ok.

I'm away from home (and the game) till the end of the week, but when I get back I will do what you suggest and post the results.

Again, thanks guys!!

Upvote 0
The game was d/l'd off the internet via Steam.

When it reboots the system there is no file placed in the minidump folder. There isn't even a blue screen - one minute I'll be in game and then all of a sudden the computer just reboots. Its not even at times of increased CPU/Graphics/whatever usage. I can just be standing there doing nothing and it will just go reboot itself.

I'm at my wits end with it and have pretty much decided I wasted my $20 :(

Upvote 0
Look in the RO System folder and see if you have a Log file.
Its a simple text file (without cogs) generated whenever RO crashes.
At least thats the theory
Try and post it or at least the lines that start with Error..

It really does seem like your system is being dumped because of a material error.
Make sure that your fans are turning and that there is no excessive accumulation of dust, this is very important.

While in game go to console (

Upvote 0