• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is/are your favourite custom map and why

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I thought a post like this would be interesting for a lot of people so they know what maps to tryout first because there are so many maps out there.

Personally i like maps that offer different kind of game play than the stock ro just for a laugh lately, and maps that are primarily balanced for both teams (usually this involves maps where both teams can cap).

So my current favorite is the motorcycle GP map

Its like red orchestra Mario kart great fun after a long round of pariserplatz or kriegstadt.
Because the axis and allies have to finish the same track its completely equal for both teams too. Works for all player numbers, best played with panzerfaust soldiers sitting on top of the sidecar :p

After that its koitosK1 for me,

A hectic close quarters map ported from the mod, where still rifleman can shine too. Although the looks are not as good as say Danzig, during the mod this maps was basically the most popular map of all by far. Its a map that works great with not too many players on the servers, would be awful on a 50 player server though.

Its one of the few maps where all zones can be capped at the same time, while in public it can end up like running in circles in competitive match play you will have to make a tactic based on holding objectives.
Next to that the layout is not really mirrored but the layout is pretty comparative, this makes the game play out pretty equal for both teams.

There are lots of other maps that i like but these 2 are my favorites, because I'm trying to get up to snuff again and trying out some more maps nowadays i wonder what maps i should try first. So let us all talk :)

So my current favorite is the motorcycle GP map
Its like red orchestra Mario kart great fun after a long round of pariserplatz or kriegstadt.
Because the axis and allies have to finish the same track its completely equal for both teams too. Works for all player numbers, best played with panzerfaust soldiers sitting on top of the sidecar :p

LOL
I guess I was away for too long.

Havent been playing in a while so I might be out of the loop for new maps.

Still love the good classics and I am burned out of danzig.

Krasni is great
Konigplatz because it offeres about everything.

Out of the loop for the latest goodies :confused: :(

Upvote 0
Lazur - as the most polished and most 'professional' effort around.

Berezina - for marking the move into 'epic battle' gameplay, and shaping ideas since.

Road to hill combined - for being consistantly fun to play as a tanker.

Orel - forever the daddy of tankmaps, and for the heated debate it's generated on these forums

tcherkassy - underated map comp contender that conformed to the origional vision of the game/mod better than any other imo.

Lenningrad - shear respect for the incredible work involved.

Wateveroko - free from historical restraint, a brilliantly fun map that's synonomous with the best days on TWB.

Upvote 0
Bah don't give Nestor credit fo anything :p Kolno is the most beautyful map ever.

I think my favourite custom map is Nalchik at the moment even if the most of you haven't played it.
It lacks a bit inovation it plays a bit like Danzig but it is just great :D

Yeah, Kolno takes the price for most beautifull map around. Plays good as well. A definite win.

Upvote 0