• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

su152 optics

Ok, so what ARE the differences? Ive got a whole bunch of russian manuals from 1939/1942/1943 all the way up through the late 40s and into the 1970s and 1980s, and the illustrations look the same. They even look like the pictures of the engines and compartments were all drawn by the same artist. Even the uniforms worn by the servicing crews in the illustrations look like they're from the 30s.

I realize that some chassis/body changes occur, but those things can be easily tracked as they are external and easily seen. I'm talking about the technology inside these weapons and how they were to be used.

I am seeing manuals of conventional weapons that were used by the Soviets in 1985 in some of my manuals that are still designated as "Model 1939"!

The optics I can tell haven't changed from year to year in some of them. One "post-war" manual I have STILL shows how to target German tiger tanks with the weapon.
I'm not saying you're totally wrong but since you keep mentioning it, please tell me what actually changes in these "conventional weapon" manuals of tanks and artillery that was originally manufactured during the war? . I myself do not see much variation at all amongst these tank manuals since WW2.
thanks Paul for the info :)

Upvote 0
1956. ISU-152k .
Change of the engine ,V-54K . New radio station. New system of internal communication. The commander turret. Changes the chassis. The capacity of fuel tanks is increased. A new sight for a direct fire , PUR-26.

1959. ISU-152M .A upgrade up to a level a IS-2M. The device of night vision.

This man has a ISU-152 :). http://avtocollection.narod.ru/isu152/isu152.html.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Karl Stiner said:
well Guys i like to see this su152 and the su100 there no need for the su85 :) the su100 is better i be happy then, but will you lot

I think there is:
The SU-85 was actually about equal to the Stug III G in AP penetration and gun power although the (75mm /stuk L/48 still retains a a bit of an advantage at long range dueling -I forgot the exact engagement ranges that are usually given) and it allows the Russians to get 85mm guns before the T-34/85 cameout out. Remember the "85" was not too common until later in '44 and there were still alot of 76mm variants still hanging around until the end of ww2 contray to popular belief that they all magically turned into 85's on New years day 1944-lol. So it allows the 85mm to take to the battlefield from after September 1943-1945. Although it seems not too many people take too much care in placing tank loadouts on their maps.-:(

We really need the SU-152/ISU-152 and 122 for the Russians then for maps like Orel the Russians will have a tank capable of dealing with the German tanks and later the ISU-122 which was supposed to be lot more common than the IS-2 in terms of tank vs tank combat in the east which would be a nice change.

Im quite suprised that nonone actually attempted an RO "Expansion" mod that adds more much needed vehicles such as these. I mean for example if I wanted to make a 1941-1943 or even a 1944-1945 map without adding the same old tanks (for example nearly every tank map in Ro has a Tiger I, Panther G, and IS-2 tank ) or unhistorical ones to a map Im kind of out of luck the good people at the AHZ/captainO made a few 1941 vehicles but there are a lot of holes still that limit how much you can do with a pure tank map if you'd like to keep it somewhat historical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think there is:
The SU-85 was actually about equal to the Stug III G in AP penetration and gun power although the (75mm /stuk L/48 still retains a a bit of an advantage at long range dueling -I forgot the exact engagement ranges that are usually given) and it allows the Russians to get 85mm guns before the T-34/85 cameout out. Remember the "85" was not too common until later in '44 and there were still alot of 76mm variants still hanging around until the end of ww2 contray to popular belief that they all magically turned into 85's on New years day 1944-lol. So it allows the 85mm to take to the battlefield from after September 1943-1945. Although it seems not too many people take too much care in placing tank loadouts on their maps.-:(

We really need the SU-152/ISU-152 and 122 for the Russians then for maps like Orel the Russians will have a tank capable of dealing with the German tanks and later the ISU-122 which was supposed to be lot more common than the IS-2 in terms of tank vs tank combat in the east which would be a nice change.

Im quite suprised that nonone actually attempted an RO "Expansion" mod that adds more much needed vehicles such as these. I mean for example if I wanted to make a 1941-1943 or even a 1944-1945 map without adding the same old tanks (for example nearly every tank map in Ro has a Tiger I, Panther G, and IS-2 tank ) or unhistorical ones to a map Im kind of out of luck the good people at the AHZ/captainO made a few 1941 vehicles but there are a lot of holes still that limit how much you can do with a pure tank map if you'd like to keep it somewhat historical.
yes good post:) to me the RO game i think they missed out on late war tank battles to me a good late tank battle map will have the su100 JS2 su152 and the t34/85 and for the Germans panther G king tiger and the jagdpanzer 4 or the hetzer and jagdpanther you wont put them all on the map but you can pick and see what [SIZE=-1]tickles [/SIZE]your fancy :D i think out of all Russian tanks the su100 looks good

Attachments

• ghfjhds.JPG
    ghfjhds.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I actually ment the ISU-122 but the Su-122 is cool too.:)

7043S.jpg

Upvote 0
1956. ISU-152k .
Change of the engine ,V-54K . New radio station. New system of internal communication. The commander turret. Changes the chassis. The capacity of fuel tanks is increased. A new sight for a direct fire , PUR-26.

1959. ISU-152M .A upgrade up to a level a IS-2M. The device of night vision.

This man has a ISU-152 :). http://avtocollection.narod.ru/isu152/isu152.html.

That is all well and good, and I don't want to argue, but if you look at the top of the string and look at that manual page, it shows a CT-10. Later on it shows what looks in cyrillic to be NC-10. This manual that we have has no date on it, so there's really no way to tell exactly how old it is. Whether or not the PUR-26 was installed in 1956, doesn't really matter on what is needed for the game in RO and is not relevant. We need to know what the reticle/cross-hair looked like on the sight for the ones built and used before 1945. But if you research, I think you will find that the ST/CT-10 was the correct period sight for this gun at least in 1943.
This particular manual only shows the reticles for the driver/observer periscopes.
If you disagree with my opinion that the manuals change very little over the years, then that is a whole other matter. If your point is to show me that indeed the model numbers on the optics change, then yes fine. what -> I <- am trying to say is that the pictures look the same to me, the reticles and aiming marks don't seem to change much either, certainly the style of the diagrams seems to be the same over the years....

Anyway....here is what is needed. Please feel free to help if you can locate a picture of a reticle/aim marks.

ISU-152 (1943)
sight: comments:
1) ST/CT-10 Graduated up to 900 m
2) Panoramic PG-type Wiki says it was used for range up to 3500 m (we already have the PG series)

Or alternative 152mm ML20 L/23/ISU-152 Model 1944
1) PT-5 I haven't the slightest...

Upvote 0
That is all well and good, and I don't want to argue, but if you look at the top of the string and look at that manual page, it shows a CT-10. Later on it shows what looks in cyrillic to be NC-10. This manual that we have has no date on it, so there's really no way to tell exactly how old it is. Whether or not the PUR-26 was installed in 1956, doesn't really matter on what is needed for the game in RO and is not relevant. We need to know what the reticle/cross-hair looked like on the sight for the ones built and used before 1945. But if you research, I think you will find that the ST/CT-10 was the correct period sight for this gun at least in 1943.
This particular manual only shows the reticles for the driver/observer periscopes.
If you disagree with my opinion that the manuals change very little over the years, then that is a whole other matter. If your point is to show me that indeed the model numbers on the optics change, then yes fine. what -> I <- am trying to say is that the pictures look the same to me, the reticles and aiming marks don't seem to change much either, certainly the style of the diagrams seems to be the same over the years....

Anyway....here is what is needed. Please feel free to help if you can locate a picture of a reticle/aim marks.

ISU-152 (1943)
1) ST/CT-10 Graduated up to 900 m
2) Panoramic PG-type Wiki says it was used for range up to 3500 m (we already have the PG series)

Or alternative 152mm ML20 L/23/ISU-152 Model 1944
1) PT-5 I haven't the slightest...
thanks Paul :cool: for your input

Upvote 0