• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why no C-96 Mauser pistol?

...(and lets not forget pistols don't have no bayos)....

That'd be crazy if the Nagant M1895 had a bayonet...

Like this

get_img.php

but a revolver :D

Upvote 0
The C96 Mauser was a popular sidearm amongst Soviet officers who could acquire it. For the Germans, most C96 pistols were issued to the ranks of the Waffen SS, while some of the other branches could also acquire the weapon if they had access. In spite of its inherent popularity, the model 712 of the C96 pistol was still pretty inaccurate with wide shot groupings at combat ranges.

Dont get me wrong, i'd love to see it make a return, but only for the Germans, and prefably only avalible on maps where the SS is fighting.

But i woulden't want to see it avalible for the Russians, they had very few of the Bolo's, and everything else would be captured weapons, lets not muddy the waters even more with extremely rare guns, the over abundance of the PPD-40 is bad enough, nor would i like to see anyone get captured guns from the start, best leave thouse as pickups.
I'd much rather see them get the good old Nagant back, that would be very cool.

Upvote 0
It really wasn't that common, so, as much as I think it would be cool to have in game, I don't think it should. Or, if it is implemented, it should only be available when the SS are fighting, as Grobut suggested. It's bad enough that the MP41 is in the game at all, given that only 6,000 units (IIRC) were ever produced.

Now the Nagant revolver on the other hand definitely should have been in the game from Day One. They were extremely commonplace (hence why you can buy one for 100 USD nowadays). I believe the Soviets made at least one or two million M1895 revolvers. And then there's the ones that were left over from the Czarist military.

Upvote 0
The Germans had 9mm C96's and the soviets 7.62 C96's. The soviet cartridge was not identical to their TT's but not too different either. The select fire version i fear would become some sort of n00b gun, as making it a primary weapon would be too weak- limited fire and accuracy compared to the MP-40- but making it a sidearm too strong- way outclassing the other guns. But having a 10 shot pistol that loads from strips- as in, takes much longer than a box magazine change- but are otherwise identical to other sidearms would be a nice touch. It would be a nice choice for officers to be able to get. The nagant also definitely needs to be an option, painfully long reload and all.

Upvote 0
Depend's on what you mean by "they had". The C96 was used by Germany in WWI as an issued weapon. In WWII it was NOT issued as the P38 and Luger long replaced it.

The SS however had a habit of using non-issued weapons and so you may see SS troops using them. Russian Officers (hell all Officers for that matter) puchased their own side arms as did the Germans so you might see them there as well.

But my point earlier is that the C96 is extremely rare on either fronts in WWII. Ironically the Nagant revolver is missing in the game and it is anything but rare during WWII as it was everywhere in the EF and made in the billions IIRC.

Upvote 0
I have never understood the removal of the Mauser C-96 broomhandle pistol from the game...Please tripwire I am begging you to bring it back!!!!!!!

1.Both Germans and Russians used the pistol.
2.The round is also the same in everyway (ballistically and physically)to the t-33 pistol round (a russian copy of the mauser round they loved so much).
3. The skin has already been modelled before so it can't be that hard to put it back in the game.
4. Having the removable 20 round mag M-712 schnellfuer with select fire capability and having the option to use the holster/shoulder stock to steady the weapon would be ideal but that would have to be modelled unlike the standard 10 shot version which is already been in the game before.

Pleeeese bring it back!!!!

There.. a grown man can beg.:)

How did both civs use the gun? Last time I checked there wasn't a neutral country providing weapons to both Germans and Russians.

The pistol would be nice for Russians, they need another pistol that the TT33 (not t-33).

Upvote 0
The SS however had a habit of using non-issued weapons and so you may see SS troops using them.

WSS is diffrent animal, since they violated authencity standards 24h\7, especially when it came to supply systems and how to escape their problems. Original photos ftw.

While C96 would nice to see ingame, in late war it could be considered extremely rare as overall, and the fact we do not have WSS ingame officially. So practically there is no other reason to add the weapon ingame, with the expection it would look cool and give one more pistol for the germans.

Upvote 0
WSS is diffrent animal, since they violated authencity standards 24h\7, especially when it came to supply systems and how to escape their problems. Original photos ftw.

While C96 would nice to see ingame, in late war it could be considered extremely rare as overall, and the fact we do not have WSS ingame officially. So practically there is no other reason to add the weapon ingame, with the expection it would look cool and give one more pistol for the germans.

Exactly! No matter how they made their way to the RF, they were still rare *** hens teeth. Hence my requesto for the nagant revolver which is the exact opposit in number.

I bet there were more German troops with captured Nagants than there were SS troops with C96s.

Upvote 0