• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map AHzVehicles_Two_Beta1: AXIS

Slyk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
www.after-hourz.com
MWz_Axis_small.jpg

Please submit your feedback and suggestions here for AHzVehicles_Two_Beta1 AXIS. Feel free to post historical/factual data as well.

From what I saw of someone else using the PaKwagen (unless it was lag on my part) it looks like the person using the gun is crouching in mid air on top of the vehicle... unless this is something that can't be fixed?

I'd have to look at the animation I used, but the player is either crouching or squated down and it looks like he is crouching. Had to use what we had available.

Upvote 0
After some further play, it is not the entire model that is invulnerable, it is the gun shield from the front. This was tested from tanks other than the IS2, so more testing needs done with that tank specifically. The truck itself can still be destroyed, but obviously if it is in a hull-down position, it will be difficult. We are looking at a fix. Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
Reece, are you sure you got a resupply of HE? Which map? Some of my release maps do not resupply tanks. Generally this is to keep the number of smoke shells in play under control. The smoke, if over-used, could really bring a server or player PC to its knees.

Map name would help and location you tried to resupply. I'll check on my own as well. Thanks!

Upvote 0
The map was Brenzina, and I was resuppling at the Village CP.
Just tried it using a "listen server", with both the original and the "1941" versions, and there is no resupply at all. I guess I must have imagined the resupply of HE. I thought I'd gone to the full load of 60, but I probably only had 50. :eek: I'd gone to the resupply to get more smoke, rather than being short of HE.

Upvote 0
Hi there

Congratulations, just took a quick look at your new vehicle pack. All of them are interesting and will enhance early war maps (KVs, early stug), I'm also happy to see at last some AT guns other than 45mm :).

Had no time to test them thoroughly, only checked few things being in my area of interest. So only few "technical" observations.

Thanks for including turret collision models for tanks, they can be usefull in the future. Not sure why you don't use them from the beginning (as turret collision models), the Tiger tank uses turret collision model and works just fine :). Does it cause any FPS reductions ? But I'm happy they are in packages, anyway.

I suspect something went wrong while doing the gun/tank scope textures. It's most visible in Z.F. 3x8 sight texture ('InterfaceArt2_ahz_tex.Scopes.ZF_II_3x8_Pak') - there is no "blur" effect around and no "antialiasing" - lot of raw pixels visible. If this was not intended effect, then I guess it was OK in graphic program and something went wrong when exporting it to RoED - maybe wrong compression chosen ? I remember I did something similar, saved and imported my sight texture in DXT1 by mistake and noticed very similar effect (all smooth gradients lost resulting and a B&W version of my texture).

First noticed this in older AZH_ROVebhicles package, the 'InterfaceArt_ahz_tex.Scopes.M1937_optics' texture from 45mm gun was compressed with DXT1 format with no smooth gradients and visible pixels. Also the UClampMode of M1937_optics was set to default TC_Wrap instead of being TC_Clamp. Note that in all original scope textures the UClampMode is set to TC_Clamp - if you dont' have your own reasons to set it as TC_Wrap, please change it to TC_Clamp like original TWI textures in the future.

Now the format of the ZF_II_3x8_Pak is DXT5 but maybe it was imported as DXT1 and changed in ROED. The UClampMode of your new optics is still TCWrap. I'm interested if it was set this way on purpose, or you just didn't set it (default is TC_Wrap when texture is imported, has to be changed manually). Not sure if there is any reason to use TC_Wrap. I personally have some reasons to have it as TC_Clamp (like stock ones) ;)

That would be all about scope textures I think - the compression format (and if it's the reason of the strange B&W look of some scopes), and the UClampMode - if it has to be TCWrap or could be set to TC_Clamp like stock ones.

I have my own version of M1937_optics and PG-1 sight, and of course you can use it if you like. I'll upload it somwhere. Same for binocular textures (German and new Russian one).

edit: files are on the end of this message

I'd like to ask what are chances to look at source code of new vehicles - I know you protected it on purpose, but maybe I could see it if I sign something ? I swear I'm not going to steal it :)

So far, I only made AB versions of vehicles that were official RO add-ons (like Custom and the first AHZ packages, after they were included in RO update) so I hope there was no problem with this so far.

Now I'd like to slowly start work on AB versions of those new vehicles now, to be ready with them when you release final and official version. Theoretically I could make AB versions based on default properities only (and older AHZ code), but all additional functionality would be lost. I have to integrate AHZ code into the ArmoredBeasts2_AHZ_ROVehicles package (which takes most of the work), because I have important things coded in base AB_ROTreadCraft class so everything else have to be subclassed from it.

The AB mod itself is not protected and I'm going to release the AB sources anyway (when I finish 2.075 release).
But ArmoredBeasts2_AHZ_ROVehiclesTwo is not ment to be a part of AB mod but a separate package (only modified to base on AB superclasses) and can be protected, just as your original package.

Of course everythig above is valid if you like to see AB versions of your new vehicles. I could not mod your vehicles for AB at all, if you do not like it, but I hope this is not the case.

So I'd like to ask if it's possible and who should I ask for permission ?

Regards

Ami

edit: here are my PG-1 and 45mm gun textures plus new Russian binocular scale (in texture packs) and two Russian/German binocular scales in dds.

http://dodownload.filefront.com/9566432//2ba278b4d3cbb77a3d08762bad293c5c200526656de94ef54a57cbf876aeade99f4c218ad9b74024

http://dodownload.filefront.com/9566431//2ba278b4d3cbb77a3d08762bad293c5c200526656de94ef54a57cbf876aeade99f4c218ad9b74024

The binocular scales are designed to work with FOV 10 or 20, the mil scale is correct for FOV=10 and for FOV=20 is twice as big. If only FOV=20 is ment to be used, the central scale should be halved. Only keep it correctly centered please :) Also wider overlay is made to give best possible FOV. Don't know how it works in standard RO, but I'm sure it can be tuned, or in worst case - grid can be pasted into empty standard binocular overlay.
The reticle/grid is exact and functional (at FOV 10) copy of actual German range estimation grid used in binoculars and Russian range estimation grid used in binoculars and observation periscopes. It can be halved for FOV=20 and also as I said can be cut and paste into standard binocular overlay, if someone doesn't like the wider-fov one. They are free to use (like everything I do so far).

The gunsight textures are drawn in correct scale and proportions and also designed to work with specific FOV/scale settings, they have fully functional mil scales then and M1937_optics have functional range scale/grid - you can actually aim with it and hit something at 1500m - it follows shell ballistics. Of course the vertical range scale for M1937_optics works as designed only with FOV/scale used in AB, and to AB shell ballistics (BC). When used with different settings, it's just a texture :) I have bolder versions too, but the thin worked ok for me. The PG-1 scale was drawn by me lately, in correct scale for intended in-game FOV setting and overlay size. It's based on mlespaul's photo of PG sight. The KV1_sight_v2 is copy-paste work on original T3476 optics, as they are made very nicely (best of TWIs optic textures IMO). The original KV sight texture is very generic and, and I thought I'll the same layout but using elements of T3476 texture - so both would look similar.. and I had another reason yet to have it similar. I'm quite satisfied from the effect, while waiting for actual photo of KV sight. Of course to use it, KV cannon and it's shells have to use same sight values as T-34/76 sight (so addedpitch, RangeSettings cut to 4200m, same OpticalRanges and MechanicalRanges values in shell classes have to be copied from T-34/76) and same WeaponFOV have to be set in KV1CannonPawnas in T-3476 (KV should have optics with same x2.5 zoom like T-34 anyway). There is also my crude Slfzf1a texture that can be extracted from previous releases of AB, can be used too if someone like it.

I should be available again on next weeked and have another few hours to spend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0