• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS decrease with a 8800 GTS ?!!

Update:

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand your frustration. However, to troubleshoot the issue you are facing I would like to know if you have tried turning off AA (Antialiasing), including any override AA setting via the NVIDIA control panel?

If you have not tried this, then I would suggest you to try turning off AA (Antialiasing), including any override AA setting via the NVIDIA control panel.

Below mentioned are the steps to turn off AA (Antialiasing).

Step 1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting 'NVIDIA Control Panel'

Step 2. Select '3D Settings'

Step 3. Select 'Manage 3D Settings'

Step 4. Click on 'Antialiasing settings' and select off/none.

Step 5. Click "Apply".

Kindly let us know if this fixes the issue.

Best regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

Upvote 0
Many thanks, Floyd!
So, for me it's clear: I get Windows Vista (32-bit, with "DualBoot-Option, so I can also use my XP) and hope to enjoy RO like I did all the time before I bought the 8800GT. To disable AA seems not really a solution, I think. If I buy a Porsche, and there is something wrong - it's not even funny, one say: "O.K., stay the Porsche in the garage and go by bicycle..." Am I wrong?

Best regards!
Wever

Upvote 0
i havent played this game for almost a year because of the stuttering with my 8800's. so today i try a game, and to my suprise it hitch's non stop! it's like theres still a memory leak?

im running a Athlon64 dual core @ 2.8, and 2 gigs ram, with a 8800GTS 640mb. i have tried the game with SLi and without. still stutters!

I'm using 169.21 WHQL @ 1600x1200 16xCSAA 16xAF max ingame settings. and turning anti alliasing OFF is not an option. i didnt spend a small fortune to turn stuff down. hell, i can even play Crysis at a good frma e rate, so wtf ...

edit: i'm running XP32 bit if that makes any diff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update:
Customer reply 02/01/2008 10:18 PM
Turning off Antialising does not stop Red Orchestra from stutter, or graphics lag if you like.

Answer: from Nvidia:

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of the issue and that it is indeed specific to XP since Vista handles shader compilation differently. It is a complex issue and we are working diligently to alleviate the instances of stuttering in certain maps, but we do not yet have an ETA yet for a complete fix.

I should’ve given these details earlier, my apologies.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care

Upvote 0
Its a problem with all unreal powered games. Red Orcgestra is just 1 out of many.

None of the current drivers, including beta like the 171.xx has fixed the issue.
Witch is, as I understand, a problem with shaders/dynamic lightning.

More and more people are complaining about it as the new 8800GT card is for the moment the best combo for performance and value.

Upvote 0
The Evil Swine is just digging into it becuase he can't play his favourit game anymore :mad:
" THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED"

( I still "enjoy" RO but on Danzige and a few other maps i'm easy prey as the game turns into a stutter fest at random intervals)
And it turns out I can't play some of my other favourits like the Thief series either with this new card.

When I looked around I found out its also affecting many other games, not made with the Unreal engine.

( Not all of these games will have the stutter bug, but most of them do )

Unreal Engine 2
Advent Rising

Attachments

• Mouse vs Nvidia.jpg
    Mouse vs Nvidia.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Cant hurt, true. I will give them a try despite what the evil swine says :p
ya cant hurt, but i played again last night and they help a bit but the stutter/lagging problem does still exist unfortunately!

Tripwire,

does Nvidia know of this issue? has you notified them of this problem? i mean there must be a ton of RO players on 8 series cards now that they're alot more affordable.

Upvote 0
Pigs got feelings too you know :p

Here's a copy of Nvidia's latest support reply.
You can track the topic here.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=23904&st=660

Response (Manuel G) 02/24/2008 04:14 PM
Hello Willlem,
We apologize for the delay in the fix. The fix for Unreal Tournament 2004 under Windows XP is not a simple fix as it was under Windows Vista due to the differences in the Windows Display Driver Model under Windows XP. We are still working on a fix however it will not be incorporated in the Release 173/174 drivers as these changes will require a lot of QA testing. These changes should fix performance issues on some other older applications which also do not perform up to par for a Geforce 8800 GPU. We have implimented a few changes already however these changes mainly reduce the amount of stuttering but does not improve the overall performance by much as the future changes will.
Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care

They have recived complaints about it since late 2006 :eek:
So its about time they fixed it.

Upvote 0