• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: January Press Release

[DH]PressTeam

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 25, 2008
January Press Release:

Well yet another month goes by and Darkest Hour gets a little closer to that first release. This month we're bringing you some shots of new weapons in game, two new maps for the Brits, a new armoured vehicle, a new model render and some very exciting events that happened over the last month within DH.

The first weapon we are featuring this month is the M3 Grease gun that was shown in render form over the Christmas period. This cheap but deadly little weapon has been laying down fire for around about a month in tests now and the test team are finding it hard to decide if they prefer this or the Thompson. The second weapon we have to show is the 88mm Artillery piece the model and textures for this were done as a static mesh for stock Red Orchestra but Fennich and Exocet have turned that into a lethal device capable of taking out the toughest armour.

I'm pleased to announce two new British maps this month in the form of Benouville

I will not praise your mod but just ask my questions :D

On the 88 media page you can see these white strips in the sky. What is that supposed to be?

In which way will your Enfield be different from Mare Nostrums one? I hope they feel the same even if they are not exactly the same rifle.

Those white lines are actually searchlights in the distance.
the enfield will feel however we think it should feel. whether that matches MN's or not is not down to us, I think they are using a different version anyway.

Upvote 0
We (Mare Nostrum) are depicting the No1 MkIII* opposed to the No4 Mk1 used by Darkest Hour. Unlike the SMLE, the No 4 Lee-Enfield barrel protruded from the end of the forestock. The No. 4 rifle was considerably heavier than the No. 1 Mk. III, largely due to its heavier barrel, and a new spike bayonet was designed to go with the rifle.

Upvote 0