• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Mod maps

Ok I downloaded arad-sh4 it is in a zip file. I did as you said, I am working here

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Server Info\Working maps\RO-Arad-SH-4.zip

I extracted the files and I have this

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Server Info\Working maps\RO-Arad-SH-4

and this

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Server Info\Working maps\RO-Arad-SH-4.zip

in my folder.

When I click on these folders I get to the part that has the .rom of the map, but I can't open them. It says windows cannot open this file.

When I downloaded the map it was in a zip file.

1. You saying you can unzip the folder?
uzip that sucker.

2. you cant have spaces in your directory string line

C:\Documents(space)and(space)Settings\Owner\Desktop\Server Info\Working(space)maps\RO-Arad-SH-4.zip=NO GOOD

C:\my_maps=GOOD (No space using _ between words)

Upvote 0
1. You saying you can unzip the folder?
uzip that sucker.

2. you cant have spaces in your directory string line

C:\Documents(space)and(space)Settings\Owner\Desktop\Server Info\Working(space)maps\RO-Arad-SH-4.zip=NO GOOD

C:\my_maps=GOOD (No space using _ between words)

This is what I am getting. Now I added the .rom myself because in the folder I click on the .rom and it wont open. When I go to this folder C:\workingmaps\RO-Arad-SH-4 there is an item in it with the .rom ext but it says windows can not open the file. Like I said these were zip files. I cant seem to get to the .rom portion. Was I not supposed to unzip it before I compress?

So when I go to compress I have this

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cd
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cd C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\red o
rchestra\System
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra\System>ucc compress C:\wor
kingmaps\RO-Arad-SH-4.rom
Source C:\workingmaps\RO-Arad-SH-4.rom not found
History: UCompressCommandlet::Main
Exiting due to error
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra\System>

So I played around a bit to see what would happen if i tried some "stuff"

Now when I did the moscow_beta1 I left the .zip ext on and I got a another moscow_beta1.zip.uz2.

How dumb am I?

Upvote 0
You cant open a .rom file with windows like that. You dont need too. Just load the .rom file on your server and your map is loaded.

Now, you need the compressed .rom file.

Make sure you dont have any spaces in the folder or file names.

YOu cant have a folder called "working maps" it has to be "workingmaps".

The error says Source C:\workingmaps\RO-Arad-SH-4.rom not found, so that tells me that the RO-Arad-SH-4.rom is not in the workingmaps folder or you have spaces.

You cant use a compressed zip file. moscow.zip.uz2 is no good.

Since you used the line...
ucc compress C:\workingmaps\RO-Arad-SH-4.rom
you better have the .rom file in the folder workingmaps or it wont find it.

Upvote 0