• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Pariserplatz-pak-v1

SchutzeSepp

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2006
finally i can present you my latest version of PariserPlatz!

updated to beta2!! Download here:

updated link: http://files.filefront.com/PariserPlatzIII+pak+v2rar/;9505462;/fileinfo.html important: you need the AHZ vehicle pack 2 installed to play this map, same goes for server admins.

changes from v1 to v2:
-fewer AT guns for the germans, fixed a problem where all the AT guns seemed to spawn at the last objective
- mp40 for german tankers
- improved DP28 for allies
- removed some disturbing black lights
- two more tanks for allies before the gate is capped, after capping the gate they get unlimited tanks
- added a building behind the reichstag for better immersion
- map is a bit brighter, should make it more easy to recognise enemies.

for those who already had installed v1 on their server, in the v2 only the .rom file is changed, no need to replace all other files!

you will notice that every single building besides the brandenburger tor and the reichstag is completely new.
i found some amazing reference pictures of the real area, and so i decided to remake the whole map from zero.
and offcourse the much anticipated PAK guns and sdkfz 251/22 are present also.

the map ofcourse still contains the classical german camouflaged uniforms and the volkssturm units.

changelog:
-pretty much every building is enterable to various degrees of detail.
- allies have the darker uniform, made by evilhobo for kriegstadt
- germans have the improved mg42 made by evilhobo for kriegstadt
- allies get limited t34 and IS2 tanks (3 respawns each) untill they cap the gate, after capping the gate they get a t34 and a isu (3 respawns each)
- germans still only get 3 panthers
- germans will get 1 and sometimes 2 sdkfz 251/22 everytime they lose a spawnarea (5 in total for the entire round)
- pak 40 guns will spawn in randomly on the map in predefined spots
- added an intermediary objective before the gate (brandenburger tor approach) to allow the allies to spawn in closer to the gate, and so to increase their chances to cap the gate.
- separated the german assault class in 2 distinct classes, one with stg44 and one with mp40. this way you will hopefully see more mp40's.

credits:

-evilhobo for his skins and improved mg42
-pakwagen and pak 40: TWI, lex, teufelhund, zoering, captain obvious, teufelhund, lt_kettch, feldwebel horts and dirty_rat
-fennich FJR6 for his great ss and volkssturm skins and all the coding that was needed

i hope i forgot nobody and have fun!

Last edited:
The map looks fantastic, just a couple of things I thought while wandering around...

The Russians tanks don't stand much chance against all those PaK guns, Panthers, Panzerfausts and PaKwagens... :eek:

Some of the enterable buildings don't really add much, it's not like most of the corridors lead to rooms which have windows, they're just dead ends.

You already know how I feel about the tankers with StGs...

Upvote 0
I was just playing, with around 20-40 players and I must say there are way too few Russian tanks... Like I said, they've got to contend with PaK guns, PaKwagens, Panzerfausts and Panthers... Russians only get what, 12 tanks over all? Only 6 until they capture the Gate and then another 6 to try and win the map with... It's quite unfair. I think the number of tank respawns should increase substantially.

Upvote 0
Also if you're going to use Hobo's mg42, you might as well get Hobo's DP28 also, if only for the shrunken tracers. The DP looks foolish firing glowsticks next to the tiny mg42 tracers. The Pakwagen is loads of fun to drive around, even as an anti-infantry bulldozer when it runs out of ammo. The low ammo scheme is a great way to limit it's capabilities while adding a battle of Berlin flavor to combat.

Upvote 0