• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SERVER RELEASE > MEATGRINDER: NEW MinionWorkz Pack!!

Slyk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
www.after-hourz.com
ROMWz_release.jpg

Announcing the EARLY release of the MinionWorkz AHz_Vehicles_Two Vehicle Pack and the latest Map pack of two new and three updated battlefields PLUS four stock RO maps set for Search & Destroy mission-based play!!

Featuring 11 new vehicles and over 30 skins and variants which debut in the new battlefields of "Klin" and "Roadblock", the vehicles also appear in updated versions of "Berezina", "Elnya", and "TractorWorks".

Look for the "Wild Bunch" to roll out more slots and servers very soon!

Join the Minion Legion and connect to:

After-Hourz.com 50-Player Meatgrinder

or
IP: 69.12.53.100:7757

and PLAY today!

Additional notes, known issues logs, and more information coming with the official public release on January 25th!!! For now, keep your bug lists handy, we'll have official feedback threads going soon... or if you can't resist, post up your thoughts, bugs, etc in this thread. Please note that some file updates may take place in the next 24 hours.

Compressed Admin files will be available
& Developer/non-compressed files as well...

Enjoy!

The KV-2 is awesome! A couple of things though, I'm sure (unless my eyes and ears decieved me) a couple of times the rounds, maybe CP, bounced off the German tank... :confused: Plus, it reloads quite fast which is pretty unfair for the Germans.

But anyway, loving the new stuff I've seen, and I'm sure any gripes with maps/content will be sorted out eventually.

I can't wait to experience this on a full server, since I was only playing with about 2-4 people.

Upvote 0
That was AWESOME! I agree with what trendkill said about the kv2 reload, and we also found a bug where satchels thrown at the kv2 pass through the turret and stick to the opposite side, and a bug where the area below the cuppola when looking out of the turret hatch the tank is see through. Also we had Russians Spawning at the German spawn a couple minutes into the SD_Roadblock game.

Upvote 0
Tried this. Although there are few bugs in this pack, I must say I'm a happy man! :D

Minion Works, first of all, I want to thank you all guys for doint his great job! I rally appreciate it! You guys are keeping this game alive.

Now, those "bugs". LesKrovy's German spawns are messed up. From time to time we appear in the forest on Russian spawn - together with Russians. Then comes a bloodbath :)
Also, that gun position to the left is not so great: one can't see anything from there, it's not useful, and Russians can run to them faster than Germans, I think, so maybe you should try switching German spawn a bit. The same goes to Basovka's guns, especially the first one. Grass is blocking the sights.
BT-7 is possibly too powerful against Pz-3. It can destroy it with 1 shot and as far as I know it had 45mm gun, and Pz-3 armour in front was 80 mm? Or was it 50mm?

Played on Roadblock with few people. KV's turret is slllooooww :), so that tank danced around us. This is no biggy, as when there will be more players, it will be easier to defend, I guess.
Loved the Klin map. Great, great map! Very atmospheric, good job on that. Also, that Stug-3B is a real eye-candy; as well as destroyed versions of KV and BT-7.
Oh, that ZiS-5 - I've lol'ed when tried to press left button. :D A bit arcadey, but I like it :)
Those are my first impressions.
Again, thank you guys from MW!

Upvote 0
Known bug list to follow soon. Everything mentioned so far on the vehicles is "known". It is hard to say, "Yes, we know all the obvious stuff.". Which for the most part we do.

There are reasons why we are doing a quick "Limited Release", to identify minor bugs. We are confident that there are no show-stoppers in the vehicles, little stuff is there but your game won't break on them. The S&D stuff is still beta...as is the ENTIRE package for the most part. A "Final" version will be out as soon as we can fix what needs fixed.

Maps: Fun thing with the spawns, eh? Did not have that happening in any testing of the last compiles, but I will recheck & update the map files tonight for a final push for Friday just to be sure, obviously there is a problem.
- Not sure why you spawn in the German area on RB but maybe the timer/trigger didn't function properly. Was that every round or just now and then?
- And on Lyes, how often did Germans spawn at Russian areas? I'll push the Russian spawns back a bit too.

S&D Maps: The plan for them, at this point, is more or less as sample maps. I will fix up anything major in the next 24 hours. Once they go out to the community, I don't plan to enhance them much more unless required. They are to show mappers what they can do with the S&D tools.

If you do find anything major, screenshots are helpful. Turret speeds, shell damage, reload rates, all of that is going to be subject for debate well into the future with unlimited opinions. State yours, just realize the other guys might be different. If anyone gets X data to share, we will gladly take it.

Watch for the official community release on the 25th!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
- Not sure why you spawn in the German area on RB but maybe the timer/trigger didn't function properly. Was that every round or just now and then?
- And on Lyes, how often did Germans spawn at Russian areas? I'll push the Russian spawns back a bit too.
Sorry, didn't get the first question. I had no issues with spawns on Roadblock, only slow turret.
On Les, it was 50/50. Sometime you spawn in the upper trenches, sometime you psawn in the forests. Russian look at you and think it'sa buggy Russian model - until you stab them right in the face. :)

Upvote 0
Good work guys!!! Ty for the mention on the trailer.
Looking forward to playing this!!!

Bolt said:
BT-7 is possibly too powerful against Pz-3. It can destroy it with 1 shot and as far as I know it had 45mm gun, and Pz-3 armour in front was 80 mm? Or was it 50mm?

The Panzer III being depicted is the Panzer III L (1942-1943) which had 50+20mm spaced armor plate (on the driver's front plate and manlet) and a 50mm FHA nose in RL the Russian 45mm was incapable of penetrating even the 50mm part even at close ranges (the Long 50mmL/60 on the Panzer III is actually more comparable to the soviet 76.2 F-34 than the much lower velocity 45mm) but the regular stock armor value on the this Pz III is set at 30mm (an early armor ammount found on earlier variants like the Panzer III F or G) this has been brought up many times before as a bug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the ZiS trucks, it seems, to me at least, if you turn then the vehicle will stay at an angle until you get out. Here I am driving on flat ground:

These are both known. The truck leaning to the side was not found until Tuesday night and we are to say the least, frustrated by it as well. We learned a lot from the help we got on the Stug and I spent my free time yesterday re-rigging the vehicle. The leaning is now fixed. If we can get the collision & destroyed mesh files (they need to be adjusted as well) from the original developer then we should have an update in place by the end of the weekend.

Otherwise I will have to recreate them and it will take a little longer.

Upvote 0
they probably updated the patch so its different from the version in your cache you then get a version mismatch.

For this i ask this release it doesn't really matter but when you update packages is it possible to give the packages new names to make sure that these mismatch errors don't occurs. And that when some maps use new files and some still use the old files, that both can run on a server. Without the server having to overwrite files?

Overwriting files doesn't matter if its say a download through steam so people all get automatically updated, same with the official game but with custom files duplicate names although different files can be a royal pain in the arse :p

Although i guess you were already planning on doing it like that because averything got a 2 in it pretty much so the next release will probably get a 3 :p.

Anyway i went to try it out for a bit but elnya doesn't appear to be on the redirect ;o

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More suggestions about gameplay and map design.
Those are my humble opions, you can disagree (if you dare :) ).
KV-2 has very fast reload, you should slow it down.
We played 15vs15 on Klin. It's a meatgrinder for Germans, I tell you. We couldn't cap the second objective. I've tried to give as much smoke as possible being in Stug, but Russians have to many tanks: I think there are 3 BTs and 1 KV. BT shoot fast, so I lived very short live as a Stug Commander.
I suggest you restrict spawn number of Russian tanks: maybe, give them 5 on second objective. Or even less? Or maybe you could give them longer time to respawn? Or add a second Stug? We had tankers who understood that their role was supporting inf, but soviets were pounding us mercilessly. Also, maybe you could change german SL nades to smoke? It would help a lot.

Upvote 0