• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

OK I need help. I'm playing the main campaign and I'm on the mission where you have to blow up a bridge to ambush some armour. Dolores or some place.

Firstly : Why the **** doesn't the bridge actually blow up?
Secondly : Why the **** does the guy wait until all the tanks are over the bridge before giving the go-code?
Thirdly : How on earth am I expected to kill 3/4 tanks on my own, when as soon as I take a pop at one, the crew bail and it starts raining infantry on me?

HELP :(

EDIT: Also, the last mission I took was to blow up an enemy convoy. I set my trap, waited, waited, waited. Scout never called, nothing happened. So I ran all the way up to his position to see where the convoy was (with time compression) then explosions came from the town and it said mission completed. I ran back to the town, my explosives were still there, no convoy. I knew ArmA was buggy but seriously...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK I need help. I'm playing the main campaign and I'm on the mission where you have to blow up a bridge to ambush some armour.

Secondly : Why the **** does the guy wait until all the tanks are over the bridge before giving the go-code?
Thirdly : How on earth am I expected to kill 3/4 tanks on my own, when as soon as I take a pop at one, the crew bail and it starts raining infantry on me?

More bombs :D

And yes the ArmA missions are stupid sometimes it's very unrealistic that one guy has to take out a dozen tanks but it's possible. Just make use of quick save and shot go back into cover, kill the crew and then grab more ammo to kill the rest of the tanks.

I think you can report back manually but not sure right now ...

Upvote 0
OK I need help. I'm playing the main campaign and I'm on the mission where you have to blow up a bridge to ambush some armour. Dolores or some place.

EDIT: Also, the last mission I took was to blow up an enemy convoy. I set my trap, waited, waited, waited. Scout never called, nothing happened. So I ran all the way up to his position to see where the convoy was (with time compression) then explosions came from the town and it said mission completed. I ran back to the town, my explosives were still there, no convoy. I knew ArmA was buggy but seriously...

Well, the bridge DO blow up for me? You have to place the bombs under the bridge though.

He gives the code when all the tanks passed, because they want to trap the tanks in the peninsula. And then annihilate.

You're not expected to kill all the tanks by yourself, just blow the bridge, try to take some shots on tanks while you're pulling back. And then reach to the assembly point. That's all.

That blowing convoy mission was a pure BS IMO. It worked for me, it was damn hard to blow up the trucks. You really should try that custom campaign "The Cause". IT ROCKS MY SOCKS :D

It puts the official missions in shame IMO.

Upvote 0
Ok, it took 28 minutes, but I did that mission. Now I'm on to the next mission and the one I've chosen seems equally retarded.

Squad of 4 to attack enemy town containing 15 or so enemies (at least) with stupid silenced rifle with un-manageable single shot recoil. No cover, no backup.

What the hell is wrong with this campaign? I'm not ****ing John Rambo!

Upvote 0
Ok, it took 28 minutes, but I did that mission. Now I'm on to the next mission and the one I've chosen seems equally retarded.

Squad of 4 to attack enemy town containing 15 or so enemies (at least) with stupid silenced rifle with un-manageable single shot recoil. No cover, no backup.

What the hell is wrong with this campaign? I'm not ****ing John Rambo!

Wut?

Actually that is one of the better missions^^ And it's not too hard :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Having finished Operation Flashpoint, Red Hammer and Resistance I have to say I'm not terribly enjoying this campaign so far.

As for this mission the other 3 people I'm with quickly run into the town and get themselves killed. I am left alone to fight the remaining enemy forces, move to the other side of the town, and then, attack the town again from the other side!? There's no cover apart from a not very helpful railed fence and some very square absolutely useless as cover buildings I can't go in! All of this is made worse by the fact I'm unable to be terribly effective with the stupid silenced assault rifle.

Seriously! The first mission I chose (defending some such place from an attack) was awesome, I chose the MGer and was just pouring it on as troops attacked, BMP's going up all over the place...it was great.

Upvote 0