• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield Heroes

I've been waiting for a comic ww2 shooter

Didn't you ever play DoD source? Get that cell shaded and it's sorted.

Edit : I don't mean to be so harsh...

Edit2 : no...I do. I'm so sick of games being over-run with this generic "it's good fun multiplayer so it's ok" gaming, Box Wars is fun multiplayer, and that is the level of fun these games are aimed towards.

Why don't big publishers leave the "good fun multiplayer" to the mod communities (who have some imagination at least) and get on with making some proper games. If a mod gets big enough perhaps then they can pick it up and ruin it. But at least I'll have had something to play for a while to escape from the generic sewage they produce 90% of the time.

And don't get me started on the pay-real-money-to-upgrade-system...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
their making a website with no screenshots or anything concrete, except artwork.
so they are basically gonna make the entire game in a couple of months.
its free so everybody here will try it anyway, and some wil earn money by selling their characters to lazy *** noobs.
and youll get constanly owned by the morons that payed for better equipments...

Upvote 0
woop 15month thread necro!

Just to let you know it seems that fileplanet is giving out beta keys (doesnt seem to be a limit), just log in or sign up for the free account and there should be a link on the homepage. Just had a quick play and it seems like a fairly fun arcady shooter.

Dont know how much i can say with it still being in beta but the maps are suprisingly good, fairly big and open with a mix of fields and streets etc as you play you earn two types of points, one type gives you perminent abilites/upgrades for the class the other temp weapons/clothes in an hour or so of playing I had enough points to buy two temp week long upgrades so it seems fair enough, only annoing thing is that i bought a temp grenade 'upgrade' then I found out I had a class ability for a cluster grenade and they both share the same cooltime time so it was fairly pointless getting both.

Upvote 0
The Third person animations are weird, I"ll agree.

I had alot of fun with this game, but they are trying to copy TF2's unique style. Just happens they announced this game...what, a few months after TF2 came out?:p

I dislike the Pay for advanced gear feature too, it'll creates an unfair scale between those who don't waste money, and those who have the greatest gear ever.

Also, you only get like 7 silver thingies MAX a battle, so you'd need to play 25 games for one piece of one month gear(This is factoring in Missions too). Overall, it's not that casual because making the moneh for the better gear takes some time.

Upvote 0
I got accepted into the beta and played it for a whole 5 minutes.

It's a free game, and it's a good laugh, but nothing too serious (and nothing for me, unlike TF2).

I really hate the fact that it's 3rd person, and enemies just seem to take way too long to die; you can run around shooting each other for 30s before someone dies (although they might change this later on).

As a side note, they did point out that the content you will be able to buy isn't anything that will change game balance. You won't be able to buy a 'I-WIN button'; think more along the lines of different clothing for your soldier and perhaps different weapon skins.

Upvote 0