• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

I dont care if you think it's politically incorrect

cp_dustbowl0003.jpg

cp_dustbowl0057.jpg

Upvote 0
Some pictarz from the "insurgent" mission SiC and I did yesterday. Was quite funny. :D

The Mission:

arma2008-01-1921-24-52-31_briefing1.jpg

SiC is better than me with the rocket launchers so he grabs the RPG, and we prepare for the ambush through the narrow pass:

arma2008-01-1921-25-21-14start.jpg

Die, capitalist pigs!

arma2008-01-1921-34-53-26_ambush.jpg

We move on to meet the rebel leader as per orders. I go there in a Humvee we've stolen from the ambush, SiC prefers to drive the tractor he found in one of the towns, lol. :D

arma2008-01-1921-42-17-68_trekker2.jpg

Captain Calvados is pleased with what we've done... but he has another, even bigger job for us: to take out a US firebase and a bunch of howitzers.

arma2008-01-1921-44-33-25_meetrebel.jpg

We drive to the objective...

arma2008-01-1921-48-40-01_gotohill.jpg

... and meet the SLA soldiers near the hill we're going to attack (the one in the background).

arma2008-01-1921-52-44-03_baseofhil.jpg

Attacking the firebase on the hill with the SLA units...

arma2008-01-1921-56-08-10_attackhil.jpg

We killed a bunch of Americans, but then one grenade took us out both. We then tried to to attack the hill from the left flank. After a long-range firefight we moved in, but got killed before we could get to the top.

I wouldn't mind trying this one again some time, SiC. =)

Upvote 0
GRAW for the 360 was actually quite good. PC on the other hand..

There is one of the problems imo.
Console controls are generally to sluggish for the speed and precision most times are required in tactical games. (especially when you look at the original R6, i just dont see that working decently on a console without messing it up, wich is what they did with lockdown and vegas)
You can definitely see this in vegas.

Upvote 0
The R6 games on the xbox had horrible controls because the framerate was too low or something. It felt gluey if you didn't push your stick far and it felt slippery if you did. I have Black Arrow and it's nearly unplayable because aiming is almost impossible. I still beat it but it was a hassle A) because of the controls B) because linear maps and tactical gameplay rare go good together...

That's the developers' fault and not the console's though, because other games like Halo, Unreal Championship 2 or Serious Sam control perfectly well.

Upvote 0