• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] best video ever

These days, yes. Which leads me to a mini-rant... I can't stand the special effects these days. It's pure CG! The only movie I've seen where the CG actually complimented the movie, and was difficult to spot, was Zodiac. I can spot CG in a second and it always throws me right out of the mood of the movie. I'm patiently waiting until brick-and-mortar costume, makeup, special effects artists make a comeback. I might be waiting a long time. Seriously, whats cooler, a guy in a real Wookie costume or a computer generated dork called Jar-Jar. Real Stormtroopers, or those idiotic 'Roger, Roger' robots. Cmon!

Then I see previews for movies like 10,000 BC and I wanna puke! What a load of garbage!

..okay, we now return to your regularly scheduled program!

Upvote 0
These days, yes. Which leads me to a mini-rant... I can't stand the special effects these days. It's pure CG! The only movie I've seen where the CG actually complimented the movie, and was difficult to spot, was Zodiac. I can spot CG in a second and it always throws me right out of the mood of the movie. I'm patiently waiting until brick-and-mortar costume, makeup, special effects artists make a comeback. I might be waiting a long time. Seriously, whats cooler, a guy in a real Wookie costume or a computer generated dork called Jar-Jar. Real Stormtroopers, or those idiotic 'Roger, Roger' robots. Cmon!

I wish CGIs was the only thing the new Starwars trilogy ****ed up. :(

Upvote 0
Other the a german firing a garand out the bunker, thats bloody awesome!!

Well if we go to that line I wonder whose idea was to put an officer shooting out in the bunkers like any normal soldier, those jackboots look rather incorrect, and the fact one of the US guys seems to be wearing mountain troop rucksack, and there are few others I am still looking out that are they "correct" or not.

So generally speaking, even if we really nitpick the video to hell the overall image is far more prettier, cooler and enjoyable than you could think of. Even if it is combination of CGI and some random mixed films.

Upvote 0