• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map RO-Lazur_final

I am a huge fan of Lazur and yet people just don't play it that much, a lot of people play Lazur50, which I don't like.

Well i got good and bad news for you.

The bad news this that map mentioned in this topic is the final version of the Lazur_50 map. The good news is, the chance you get to play the map is minimal. :):):):)

Upvote 0
I had a decent session on this map the other day, having not played the origional ( and indeed Ro ) for quite some time.

Although phaps not my favourite ( as i generally prefer slightly different game styles) I have to say this is now IMO the best quality custom map there is, it's one of the only ones i can think of that not only could have been an actual stock map, but one of the best ones too.
It's the level of consistant polish thoughout the entire map that really helps.

It's good you re-visited this map and put the effort in. As i've said before I think all mapmakers could do worse than to polish their maps to a high standard- but i appreciate its hard work.
To think i really didn't like that much it at first release.

Upvote 0
Drecks, every time I play on Lazur on full server, I think that I should stop by and thank you for your hard work, because that is one fantastic looking industrial map, plus it has very dynamic gameplay.
You've made a real destroyed factory - looking at those ruins, one truly believes that he is fighting somewhere in Stalingrad in '42, and not in some video game. Also, it's not a little box, it's huge, but it's hard to get lost now.
Although Nestor (I think it was him who made you those graffiti signs?) did messed up with one of those, but that's a nitpicking. :)
Drecks, thanks for a great map!

Upvote 0
Bolt and the others. Thanks for the compliment.

As i only learned the Unreal tools when Red Orchestra Ostfront 1941 got
released and the original Lazur was the first map i made with these tools
i'm satisfied with the final result and the fact you people love it.

I made the grafitti myself and used a certain topic here on the forum
where the Russian taunts where explained.

In order to increase my knowledge/experience i'm fooling around with the new
Unreal 3 tools. Must say they work sweet.

Upvote 0