• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
I actually find more people using voice comms and working together on INS public servers than I have recently on public RO servers. People have to remember it is still an early beta. PRMM .3 was nothing like what .7 is now. Give it time.

Yeah, I definitely love voice comms in INS.

"Sand ****** down!"

"LOL, ******"

"****ing jews, I hate jews, allah ahkbar"

12 year olds should never be armed with a mic.

Upvote 0
My personal opinion is that this mod is as dead as a coffinnail!
The news in their forum getting slower and if a am not totaly mistaken two of the key guys left the project.
RnL will never see the light!
Sad, i was really looking forward to this!
Ahem. Dead? Dead did you say? Well, to you, good sir, I say see you on release day.

Does 2008 release mean anything to you? I'm a lead beta tester for RnL. Trust me.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I definitely love voice comms in INS.

"Sand ****** down!"

"LOL, ******"

"****ing jews, I hate jews, allah ahkbar"

12 year olds should never be armed with a mic.

I'm not saying it does not happen, but none of the above has happened to me (yet). I have however heard similar comments (several times recently) while playing RO on a public server. There is another thread already dedicated to that topic 'tho.

Upvote 0
Ahem. Dead? Dead did you say? Well, to you, good sir, I say see you on release day.

Does 2008 release mean anything to you? I'm a lead beta tester for RnL. Trust me.

No offence! Your word in gods ear!
I really hope you are right, but i also hope it will be not such a letdown like INS.
No question ins looks nice and has really good looking weapon models but something doesen

Upvote 0
I always disable mic, and I advise anyone playing on-line to do the same unless if you are involved in a serious, coordinated clan match of some sort.

And miss out chatting with your mates about anything but the game, spamming audio samples and hearing those high pitched kids-wanna-be-cool voices? Thats the good part!

But seriously though, even in non coordinated clan matches, i use the mic in pubs just as easy to plan attacks and whatnot. Imo voip is an addition and shouldn't be disabled. Just mute pesky people.

*edit*
Oh and let Insurgency die already. My god, what a waste of graphics, sound, concept, time.

Upvote 0
Well, ice skates aren't yet in the current build, but I'm told that they will be on the way soon.

Oh, and I don't think you'll have to worry about map bottlenecks in RnL's maps -- they are very open ended, similar to some of RO's maps. Much of the current game takes place in open French country side with hedgerows as the only real barriers. Read the RnL FAQ and you'll see.

Please don't compare RnL to INS though -- they are different mods with different purposes. Also, INS had a large release with a good deal of content (though they seemed to have skipped over the basics and instead wanted more stuff). If you read the RNL front page update, you'll see that the RnL devs are planning on a small demo-like release that gets core combat really well. It will not have a ton of content and will probably contain 2 maps to start people off with. This is so that the mod can get down the basics of gameplay before throwing too much wood on the pile.

Really looking forward for RnL but afaik this release approach is new and maybe a result of the INS-letdown.

Upvote 0
I think "demo" releases are a mistake personally- mods have the misconception thinking they can get buggy and limited content out quick and then keep adding. Problem with that is that like episodic content, sometimes, patches never happen and as a result, the released game is left in a very early and nearly unplayable state.

Just my two cents.

Upvote 0
Aye I agree. INS is still a mess. Still has loads of bugs (constant crashes) and a significant amount of realism was thrown out the door (CS-type damage system and cones of fire). Plus I really felt burned by the blood thirsty community (beta testers and mods) and the fact that the first bunch of releases were hyped to death and delayed (with first dl's available on file planet of all sites). They should of taken cue from the FH2 team on how to properly launch a mod. So on that note I have no clue as to why it is MOTY (shoulda gone to FH2). Oh well.

Upvote 0
You can't deny the quality of the visuals apart from a few rough edges that aren't really worth mentioning when the rest looks so good. And that's why it won. Most people don't give a damn about realism and if there are iron-sights and high damage levels most people who do care consider it realistic. Not everyone is an experienced wargamer.
Sure, there are bugs. But bugs and modding go hand in hand and it is still a beta regardless of how long it took to produce, right?

I would have liked "The New Shadow: The Forth Age" to get into some top five and it would have been great if "WesternQuake 3" would have already gone stand-alone (=> Smoking Guns) and would have won a place among the top five in the indie game category. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

Upvote 0
I tried it yesterday:
Hipshooting is too easy because there is little recoil and almost every weapon you would want to hipshoot is automatic. I guess that's a problem of the setting but it made me like RO's exaggerated recoil effects again (even when using automatic weapons myself).

The throwing of grenades looks about as awkward as a panda on a go-cart (could someone post that pic please). The grenades seem to fly out of the ellboy of the person throwing them. :)

I love how you can look over the centered MG if you us a bi-pod and I also like how long you can shoot with that thing without having to reload.

Jumping off buildings is too lax. I jumped off that building in Bagdad near the spawn of the soldiers four times before it finally killed me. Now, RO might be a bit too harsh at times, but I like standing on top of a one story building, knowing that I can't jump down without becoming combat ineffective and having to search for a stair down or something to jump on. In INS you can almost hop around like in Call of Duty 2, just less often.

What's this "no bullsh!t" hud supposed to mean? When I played I had all kinds of bull**** on my hud. Like a white line that looked like part of a hud in a space sim and there were all kinds of colored arrows floating around. When sprinting without strafing I felt like playing a Mech-sim, lol. Maybe that hud can be disabled entirely. I'll have to take another look.

Apart from bugs it's a really good game. Worth checking out if you are into semi-realistic games. especially if you bring your own friends to play it.:p

Upvote 0
32.jpg

When I googled "panda on a go cart" the 5th picture was the Harry Potter dude naked with a white horse - wtf?

Upvote 0