• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Best Shots at What The Cloverfield Monster Looks Like?

Same director I believe.

Don't bother with Lost it's a load of bollocks as far as I'm concerned, but then again you like House... ewwww :p

It was written by Drew Goddard, one of the producers of Lost. J J Abrams (who's name appears to be on it more than Drew Goddard) is also a producer of Lost, and is a producer on Cloverfield.

It is being directed by Matt Reeves, who has done practically NOTHING of interest apart from writing Under Siege 2...

I really hate it when trailers and **** say "From the producers of". Do people even know what bloody producers do!?

Upvote 0
ok its out so what does it look like?

According to people who've already seen the movie (pre-release) it's the real deal.

cloverfield3flat.jpg

I take it that's the parasites which detach from the main creature and run about making people go fat and turn them into red mist probably -

4pb1s8o.jpg

Upvote 0
It was written by Drew Goddard, one of the producers of Lost. J J Abrams (who's name appears to be on it more than Drew Goddard) is also a producer of Lost, and is a producer on Cloverfield.

It is being directed by Matt Reeves, who has done practically NOTHING of interest apart from writing Under Siege 2...

I really hate it when trailers and **** say "From the producers of". Do people even know what bloody producers do!?
Oh well my mistake, so it's just written and porduced by people who worked on Lost but directed by some unknown. Ok, still I'll see it out of interest but my hopes aren't high.

Upvote 0
That movie was some serious bull****! It was all of an hour long, and half of that was the annoying cameraman talking about hobos on fire running through a subway tunnel or something like that. To prove how short it was, I drank half of an large Mountain Dew and a bottle of Bawls and didn't even have to piss afterwards... God, I want my $7.50 back

Oh, and the parasites were these 2.5 foot (almost a meter for everyone else) spider thing's that basically tore people up, and their bite was what made the people explode.

Upvote 0
According to people who've already seen the movie (pre-release) it's the real deal.

cloverfield3flat.jpg

I take it that's the parasites which detach from the main creature and run about making people go fat and turn them into red mist probably -

SPOILER ALERT:

Hey guys,

Just returned from seeing Cloverfield and that is EXACTLY what the monster looks like. Basically, a large bat-like creature with a tail for the most part. The smaller parasites look like the bugs from Starship Troopers.

Upvote 0
Well I may be re-thinking my 'going to see this' policy. I am hearing a lot of bad about it, like incredible over use of shaky cam, too much emphasis on randoms running around screaming rather than the fighting with the monster, too short, and a large focus on a love story between two characters (the bane of any movie like this).

Sound spretty lame.

Upvote 0
The film would've been better if it was told from many different viewpoints each having different perspectives/experiences of their encounters, situations and survival with the monster and destruction that they go through from a dog to child, families, police, fire brigade, military, governments, etc in a very convincing realistic way with no big name movie stars rather than sticking with the Pearl Harbor/Titantic style love interest cliche.

Last edited:
Upvote 0