• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation [PREVIEW] MinionWorkz Vehicle Pack

Original plan was December 7th. We had "production" issues so pushed it back to the 21st. We still plan for no later than the 28th and I would prefer the 21st but right now CO and Teufel are working on getting things just right. That and Teufel came up with something very unique that has changed my list of things to do. IF his new stuff proves out, I have some new map versioning to do to take advantage of the new code. Time will tell. No one wants this out more than I do. Trust me. :)

Upvote 0
No problem. It is frustrating for everyone and usually makes for easy cannon fodder for some guys who have no clue about what it takes to develop custom content in their spare time with jobs, family, other issues. We, like all the mods, have had challenges with staffing, bugs, and most of all time.

I am sure once we get this out, there will be a wealth of feedback on bugs etc. and we have a process to deal with that and improve the package. We are still in the two steps forward, one back right now but things are clearly coming together. In the end not everyone may be happy with it but they don't have to use it or play it...just like anything else.

Upvote 0
Not until we know 100% that everything works the way we want. Updated today by Teufel, most of the vehicle issues are working themselves out. Still a recurring bug with the Stug-B which the guys have not pinpointed yet, only happens when on a server, locally just fine. So there is a lot of testing going on right now. The guys are doing the best they can with what time they have. Sorry it takes this long.

Upvote 0
Highly unlikely. We were having a bug with one vehicle which has caused a couple other mod teams similar issues. We finally isolated the problem but getting someone with the time to fix it has been the problem. The vehicle is key to the map package I am releasing and it is/was SO screwed up that it will take a good bit of time to fix. Problem is of the two bone/animation guys we have/had, neither have/had the time to fix it. We are still working with CO to find some time in his busy schedule to try and make the adjustments needed.

I will say this, Teufelhund has been spending his time well during the delays. And despite knowing better, I will throw this carrot out: Teufel has worked up what amounts to at least one new gametype/format for RO. The potential is really amazing if level designers take it and run. It could in effect, create two or three distinct types of gameplay that would be new to RO.

No one is more disappointed than I am. In effect, we are two months+ behind what our intended schedule was. All due to the busy lives of team members. There is very little you can do except wait for the guys to have time to finish up work. I think we all want this mod package out the door asap but there are always dependency issues.

Upvote 0
While I am sure we are all anticipating the release, it is certainly understandable that Teufelhund and the others do have busy lives. As with any of us who mostly only play, we should all be thankful for those who put in the time to make maps and extra content.

Still, it is hard not to be eager to see all the new content and the surprises you have in store for us! :D

Upvote 0
New gametype? Could it be Conquest or maybe Base Assault? :D

I only wish. :)

It's not that....how would you say it.....life changing. And not to downplay it, because it will give new variety to game play and more fun. If you combine it with other things already available it could add a nice bit of variety. There is potential though for more if I have time to add on to it.

It's pretty much the Stug. Once that is fixed, we're ready. I hate to say it, but that's life. I want this out as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0