• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How the k43 should load & sound!

yeah uve ''heard'' it

just ask Gewehr
hell tell u what hes been experiancing :D

Am I that predictable? Don't answer that. :)

Yes, it is my hands-on opinion that the quality of the mainline German self-loaders (we're not talking about VolksGewehr weapons here) did not deteriorate towards the end of the war. If anything the overall reliability and performance of late-war G/K43's got better while their aesthetics may not have.

In other thoughts, the G43 sound in this game sucks *** and always has. The "tink" it gives off when firing is simply not there when firing the real thing. That particular sound in this game has always bothered me and stands as one true blemish on an otherwise spectacular soundtrack.

Another interesting thing is, when firing the MP44, the action of the spring compressing in the stock (which is pressed against your cheek mere inches from your ear) is just as loud, if not louder than the report of the shot itself... at least with earplugs in. ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah I know it's not impossible, but very hard to get your hands on one as you described. Personally I don't really want to spend so much time for a gun club, I would just like to shoot guns sometimes (maybe 3 or 4 times a year) and this is not really possible like in the USA. Anyway, maybe I go to Frankonia and ask them for the laws, good gun clubs etc., could be interesting (thanks for the tip).

Upvote 0
"The addition of a 10-round detachable box magazine also solved the slow reloading problem."
Straight from wikipedia(Ofcourse it`s not always right but this time I rely on it)

Hmm...I think someone had some more reliable info about this. But I still think detachable magazines were not deployed so widely. I mean it probably still was like two, max three per soldier. It

Upvote 0
I don't speak a whole lot of German but I can get the general idea. He read that one mag was issued with the rest of the ammo in stripper clips.

Well, considering there was a war going on and german armanent industry had no plans to replace bolt actions with semiautos due variable reasons, and the fact germans were grand prize winners of improvisation, it can vary and depend on many other factors also.

However, it is always kinda funny problem to talk about regulations, since most of the time you end up seeing they are not followed. Especially if you study original photos. So if we go for too deep into improvisation line, it'll end up being bit too farb, while if we go for standardisity it will end up being boring more or less.

Funny, isn't it?

Upvote 0
While i have not done any professional shooting, I do own a Kar98k and Mosin 44 and i notice huge differences with the clip loadings. Even with very bad turkish ammo clips, the mauser never has any cartridges bind while loading and the magazine can be charged in one motion. I several types of clips for the mosin and they are all terrible. Mosin clips have a "top" and "bottom" because they are rimmed and the magazine is single stacked. The metal clips will flex when you are pushing in rounds and they will bind. My rifle reloads are about as fast as in game, if not slower. A lee enfield isn't as bad because it's a double-column magazine and properly loaded clips don't have a "top" or "bottom." But the mauser will load faster than any of my other guns.

It is my understanding that the G43 was issued with a few spare magazines and ammo on clips. It would be hard to model said reload given the current game engine i suppose. But i really wish i could pick up K98 ammo pouches when I'm out of ammo.

IIRC PPSH's were issued with only 1 drum after '43 or so, with 4-6 stick magazines. The drums jammed, were cumbersome to carry and load, but held a lot of rounds, so in a firefight one would have a good amount available to start and have reliable reloads should they be needed.

One could also try reloading belts and magazines from similar caliber guns- like emptying walther magazines to fill an MP-40 magazine- but such a system would be long, cumbersome, and limited.

Upvote 0